Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:21 am It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:21 am

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Wanee Schedule (Partially) 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Wanee Schedule (Partially)
Starts at noon. Last show, Mushroom Stage typically starts between 12 and 12:30.

Usually run to 2am. Or so I'm told.
Couldn't read/see my watch. But the gettin' down was great!

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

GratefulDem wrote:
Starts at noon. Last show, Mushroom Stage typically starts between 12 and 12:30.

Usually run to 2am. Or so I'm told.
Couldn't read/see my watch. But the gettin' down was great!

So there's plenty of time for a somewhat late night party and 6 or so hrs of sleep. Rockin!

Gotta say, I love the music and all, but some down time to meet people and have a good time together really make the festival even better for me.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:03 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Wizard

I agree. I remember being frustrated at Bonnaroo (attended years 2,3 and 4) because there was so much music from noon or one till 6 am that you couldn't possibly see it all and if you tried it left no time for sleep or hangin out with friends. I mean its not a bad problem to have, but I feel more fulfilled if I have some time after hours to chill, relax, hang out, party, etc. and still get a little sleep.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

treehugger wrote:
I agree. I remember being frustrated at Bonnaroo (attended years 2,3 and 4) because there was so much music from noon or one till 6 am that you couldn't possibly see it all and if you tried it left no time for sleep or hangin out with friends. I mean its not a bad problem to have, but I feel more fulfilled if I have some time after hours to chill, relax, hang out, party, etc. and still get a little sleep.

I think next year I'll try and fly out so I can be at Wanee on Wednesday so I can enjoy the company of others before the music consumes all of our attention. Maybe stay Sunday too, to decompress.

Listen to me, I haven't even been yet and I'm already planning on next year.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:10 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Master

aerocha, this is the best festival on the circuit and yea you do want to get there on Wed. I showed late last year and missed the M & G, not this year 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:13 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Wanee is like a big family reunion for the bands as well as for the fans. It has a unique vibe of connection, like you are a part of something very special. That vibe is present to an extent here on this board. So you are experiencing a little bit of the spirit of Wanee before actually going. Just wait till you experience it in person! You will definitely be hooked! It is a beautiful thing :D

And yes, I too agree arriving on Wed. is the way to do it. Last year we arrived right as the music started and missed out on a lot of socializing as well as the opportunity to explore the park. The park is so beautiful it really deserves your time to explore. Check out the river, the lake, etc. We went back in Nov. to the Bear Creek fest and got a better feel of the park itself. The place is pure magic!!!! :D

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:28 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I still haven't made up my mind on when I'm leaving NYC. Probably Tuesday night. I'd like to get there to get my stuff set up and what-not by dark on Wednesday.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:55 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Looking forward to meeting you too. Last year was great but this year is going to be even better with all these new friends! I am so excited. Is it April yet??? :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:46 am Profile
Wanee Lover

libarchiver wrote:
I still haven't made up my mind on when I'm leaving NYC. Probably Tuesday night. I'd like to get there to get my stuff set up and what-not by dark on Wednesday.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.

Not to tell ya what to do or to rag on NYC...........
But if yer wondering when to leave.......
Yesterday is always a good time to leave NYC!

:o :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:30 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

treehugger is 100% correct, the park is SO beautiful it deserves as much time as you can afford to explore it!! we hardly got out and about until the day after the festy and I was amazed at how huge it was. I will be in explore mode this year!

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:40 am Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next