Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:06 pm It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:06 pm

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Got my ticket, I'm ready to ride! 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Got my ticket, I'm ready to ride!
cybergaloot wrote:
It just dawned on me that this year will make it 40 years since I first saw the ABB.

THIS MAKES ME :mrgreen: !

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:16 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

cybergaloot wrote:
It just dawned on me that this year will make it 40 years since I first saw the ABB.

You lucky dog...it's been that long since the first time I heard the ABB....Savannah had really baaaaaad radio stations. There was an FM station you could pick up if your radio had that capability, which mine did not........I had to wait until an older sibling was gone for the day and play their lps...all their lps.....probably scratched a few :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: .....thank god he had good taste in music

I can say its been almost that long since the first time I saw Johnny Winter..........can't remember the Venue, but it was in Hotlanta, Rick Derringer was still with him, man that place rocked :lol:

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:51 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I wish I could say that about Johnny Winter. I didn't see him the first time until the mid-80's.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

that concert absolutely changed my whole musical perspective......I became a blues freak, especially JW..... I remember thinking move over chuck berry, there's a new man in my life! my older brother had the Johnny winter and lp and had to throw it away because I played it so much. My classmates thought I had surely died and gone to hell - everyone else around was still listening to other genres.......not me, converted right on the spot, that show was back in the days when they provided seats, but no one cared if you rushed the stage........I worked my way right up to the front, wish I had a picture, I half to pull out one of my 40 year old albums to see what is there.........I will certainly try to work my way back up to the front to stand/dance at JW this year.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:13 am Profile
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2