Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 am It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 am

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Regular Ticket versus VIP 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Regular Ticket versus VIP
aerocha wrote:
kujobie wrote:
I won VIP last year and I broke it down mathmatically in another thread, what you get vs. cost. It's actually not a bad deal. $200 more than a regular ticket. For that you get $1 beer vs. $5 beer. Drink 5 a day while at the venue, not hard for me to do, that's $20 a day saved, or $40 savings over 2 days. You get a T-shirt that was selling for $30 at the merch tent, and a nice event poster that was selling for $10. They were giving away the posters like candy, I got 7 or 8 of them. But even if you only get 1 shirt and poster, that's $40 value. The food was good and plentiful. Full meals a couple times a day and snacks, cookies, ice cream, free bottled water and sodas all day. Easily worth $20 a day, $40 over two days. That's a total $120 of value alone. Then there's the clean(er) restrooms, shelter from sun and/or rain, Vip seating (they had a small area roped off in front of left side of stage last year in addition to plenty of terraced seating just outside of the VIP building), plus the value of not having to bring and prepare and cook food, and not having to leave the venue to do that while missing performances. No monetary value to all that, but it has value, indeed. If I wasn't so broke, I'd do VIP in a minute. We thought it was great. Oh, and you also get two free beers at the Thursday night kick-off party..

Thanks for doing the breakdown, that's really is a nice aid when making the decision. I'll certainly consider it next year after evaluating the situation this year with a GA ticket.

Thanks, kujobie

Looks like I will be waving at you peasants from my throne in the VIP Section!!

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:53 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Lover

KingRhino wrote:
aerocha wrote:
kujobie wrote:
I won VIP last year and I broke it down mathmatically in another thread, what you get vs. cost. It's actually not a bad deal. $200 more than a regular ticket. For that you get $1 beer vs. $5 beer. Drink 5 a day while at the venue, not hard for me to do, that's $20 a day saved, or $40 savings over 2 days. You get a T-shirt that was selling for $30 at the merch tent, and a nice event poster that was selling for $10. They were giving away the posters like candy, I got 7 or 8 of them. But even if you only get 1 shirt and poster, that's $40 value. The food was good and plentiful. Full meals a couple times a day and snacks, cookies, ice cream, free bottled water and sodas all day. Easily worth $20 a day, $40 over two days. That's a total $120 of value alone. Then there's the clean(er) restrooms, shelter from sun and/or rain, Vip seating (they had a small area roped off in front of left side of stage last year in addition to plenty of terraced seating just outside of the VIP building), plus the value of not having to bring and prepare and cook food, and not having to leave the venue to do that while missing performances. No monetary value to all that, but it has value, indeed. If I wasn't so broke, I'd do VIP in a minute. We thought it was great. Oh, and you also get two free beers at the Thursday night kick-off party..

Thanks for doing the breakdown, that's really is a nice aid when making the decision. I'll certainly consider it next year after evaluating the situation this year with a GA ticket.

Thanks, kujobie

Looks like I will be waving at you peasants from my throne in the VIP Section!!

Um, don't you mean you be waving us over for $1 beers?

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:00 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Pro

Oh yeah, that's what I meant

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:05 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Pro

While we're at it.. And keep this on the DL.. You can buy the cheap beers and bring them into the GA area.. We brought several rounds of the cheap brew to my brother and sister-in-law who didn't have the VIP. I think they limit you to two beers per person per purchase, but there is no one stopping you from taking them out of the VIP area.. Same goes with food. We didn't do it, but saw lots of people taking food out, and waters, and sodas, etc.. So, in exchange for this info, I'll be expecting some $1 beers brought my way..

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:10 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

kujobie wrote:
While we're at it.. And keep this on the DL.. You can buy the cheap beers and bring them into the GA area.. We brought several rounds of the cheap brew to my brother and sister-in-law who didn't have the VIP. I think they limit you to two beers per person per purchase, but there is no one stopping you from taking them out of the VIP area.. Same goes with food. We didn't do it, but saw lots of people taking food out, and waters, and sodas, etc.. So, in exchange for this info, I'll be expecting some $1 beers brought my way..

Deal

Plus, if you guys are nice I'll fill my pockets with potato salad and baked beans

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:23 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Pro

Nice! Oh, and they also served pies, from the pie guy. We hung with him there. He brought pies, and had VIP priveledges as well..

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

kujobie wrote:
Nice! Oh, and they also served pies, from the pie guy. We hung with him there. He brought pies, and had VIP priveledges as well..

I watched the video from a couple years back that had lots of Pie Guy scenes. I'd be down for getting a pie or two after getting pie-eyed.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:32 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Pro

What kind of pies? Well, he's got chocolate, and pecan, and cherry, and blueberry,and strawberry, and pumpkin, and sweet potato, and...

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:38 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

kujobie wrote:
What kind of pies? Well, he's got chocolate, and pecan, and cherry, and blueberry,and strawberry, and pumpkin, and sweet potato, and...

Yeah, I think he's the Bubby Gump of pies. They all sound good.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:44 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Fan

KingRhino wrote:
libarchiver wrote:
owllover wrote:
WELL...the beers are cheaper in VIP! something to consider...

Someone told me beers are like 4 - 5 bucks. Do you all concur?

I paid $11 for a Bud tallboy the other night

$4 or $5 sounds like a bargain to me LOL

What, were you on a date with AB?!?!?

Considering VIP too - I shall continue reading....

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:54 pm Profile
 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next