Last visit was: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Claiming primitive real estate.. 
Wanee Peach

Post Claiming primitive real estate..
Those of you who have been to wanee or any other fest a the park have seen the caution tape and rope strung between trees. I can understand saving a spot for a friend that will be showing up after you have set up camp, thats cool. I do however find it very greedy to put up your tape and claim an acre of land like you own the place. I have been to the park for 7 fests and have seen this at just about all of them. Its not very fun when you get to the park on thursday looking for a good spot only to find some folks have taped off so much land off you end up having to settle for a spot with with barely enough space for your tent. Meanwhile these greedy land theives have plenty of space. I know there will be folks say "theres plenty of camping, just find somewhere else and quit crying". But thats not the point. Have some hospitality and lets share the woods!!

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:16 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Claiming primitive real estate..
I totally agree, I am concerned that real estate for primitive camping is going to be at a premium. one of the reasons that I'm going to be there early. This fest gets bigger every year and I feel with the WP kids, its gonna be huge...I'm not complaining tho, and looking foward to seeing WP and meeting all the new people. a few years ago, someone parked their car next to my tent, no biggie tho, until I tried to take my tent down, they had the front tire on my tent stake, had to wait for them to return to their car and move it before I could finish taking my tent down.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:29 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

completely agree. if you're going to save room for your friends, have them mail you their tent(s) and set them up realizing that thousands of other good people who have to work wednesday and thursday need places to set their tents up too.

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."

-Bob Dylan

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:46 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Got to agree. If you are saving space for one other good friend, there is room for me. If you are staking off an acre, I might have to say something smartass and then go get the park people....
p&l

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I don't disagree...it's hard not to get overzealous,,,on my honor I will promise that the only and I mean only tape I will use around my camping area will be the duct tape that I have to use to fix what ever I'm liable to break after a few sips of Wanee Nectar.....cross my heart and hope to die....I think and hope the point is that a lot of friendships are being made on the forum, sort of "would you mind saving my seat while I go pee and such" some people are coming from far away and they would like to be near those that they have been corresponding with over these past few months. In the spirit of all things Wanee, I can't imagine or see anyone staking out such a large spot as to become a land tycoon.......but you are voicing a valid concern.....if I'm wrong, I apologize in advance :)

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:23 pm Profile
Wanee Master

grandmacracker wrote:
I don't disagree...it's hard not to get overzealous,,,on my honor I will promise that the only and I mean only tape I will use around my camping area will be the duct tape that I have to use to fix what ever I'm liable to break after a few sips of Wanee Nectar.....cross my heart and hope to die....I think and hope the point is that a lot of friendships are being made on the forum, sort of "would you mind saving my seat while I go pee and such" some people are coming from far away and they would like to be near those that they have been corresponding with over these past few months. In the spirit of all things Wanee, I can't imagine or see anyone staking out such a large spot as to become a land tycoon.......but you are voicing a valid concern.....if I'm wrong, I apologize in advance :)

I'll save your seat while you go pee any time, sis!

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:51 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Claiming primitivAnd if e real estate..
And if a compromise cannot be met over a piece of land, it will mean just one thing

Monkey knife fight

Last edited by KingRhino on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:55 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Lover

Can I get in or am I going to need a pair of scissors? ;)

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:50 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

iluvtopanic wrote:
Can I get in or am I going to need a pair of scissors? ;)

:D You can't have any scissors ! Remember what Mama said? Nope, you just have to look official, like Horatio Caine, and stand, hands on hips, and take the sunglasses off, when you have something to say. And, put 'em back on, when you walk away. And, don't clothesline yourself on the tape.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:11 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Remember who your talking to.Me look offical? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:13 pm Profile
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next