Last visit was: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:09 am It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:09 am

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 A week from today I'm going to see Furthur at the Tabernacle 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: A week from today I'm going to see Furthur at the Tabernacle
i'm doing orlando.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:41 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

paymh wrote:
i'm doing orlando.

SF show here.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Lover

petewhit wrote:
.....and feeling pretty rough from the Superbowl party the night before.

Is your team playing?

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Pro

thedude420 wrote:
yea Tool and Allmans tie for my favorite bands all time. Seen tool 5 times and every time they completely floor me. Danny Carey is not human, the best drummer ever IMO, but that band just comes together like nothing ive ever heard, WAY more than the sum of their parts, something otherworldly. Glad ive got some supporters here. Could go on for days about them dudes.

Owlly - thanks, you have great musical taste, seems we are cut from relatively the same mold

Talked with Maynard at a wine tasting about a month ago. Verystrange and funny little guy.

TOOL is unreal live, as is A Perfect Circle. Thinking of going to see Puscifier when they're in the City.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Pro

I have to wait a month from Friday for the first of back to back shows in Colorado. Looking forward to seeing the Furthur lineup.

Last year's Dead was the first time I'd seen the core four together since Jerry died, though I'd seen some of the off-shoots. I liked what they were doing and how Warren fit in. I thought they were really pushing the music in new and different directions and Warren was a big part of that. Now it's going to be really cool to see where Bobby and Phil are taking things with this lineup. I've enjoyed tapes of the shows so far.

I guess this my long way of saying I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT FOR MARCH 5!

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

KingRhino wrote:
thedude420 wrote:
yea Tool and Allmans tie for my favorite bands all time. Seen tool 5 times and every time they completely floor me. Danny Carey is not human, the best drummer ever IMO, but that band just comes together like nothing ive ever heard, WAY more than the sum of their parts, something otherworldly. Glad ive got some supporters here. Could go on for days about them dudes.

Owlly - thanks, you have great musical taste, seems we are cut from relatively the same mold

Talked with Maynard at a wine tasting about a month ago. Verystrange and funny little guy.

TOOL is unreal live, as is A Perfect Circle. Thinking of going to see Puscifier when they're in the City.

hubby and I are always talking about doing the wine tasting at Maynards vinyard. that would be the ultimate!

wanted to post a link to a video on TOOL's website of Danny...no link to post, but man is it sick. what a kit he has..and what he does with it is A-MA-ZING. only been to 2 shows..they don't come thru here all that often, but when they do, it's goin down.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Man I really feel old. My kids like Tool but I just don't really get them. :(

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I've seen A perfect circle way way back when...umm... 2001 maybe? Does that make me old? Anyways, bought my Wanee Ticket yesterday coming down solo so far so if anyone needs a ride down from SC let me know. Furthur next Tues, and Weds Asheville then Charlotte..woohoo can't wait!

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 am Profile
 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3