Last visit was: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:11 pm It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:11 pm

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Who is my fav guitarist? 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Who is my fav guitarist?
owllover wrote:
LOVE SONNY!! man, he is so damn good.

I think EC would say that Derek is as good if not better than he himself is. I know he has said that when he plays with Derek he has to bring his A game and it really challenges him.

IMO, no one, and I mean NO ONE sounds like Derek. he is completely original and one of the best of all time.

^^^^^^^^ Yepper!!!!!!

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

HarryZ wrote:
owllover wrote:

I think EC would say that Derek is as good if not better than he himself is. I know he has said that when he plays with Derek he has to bring his A game and it really challenges him.

IMO, no one, and I mean NO ONE sounds like Derek. he is completely original and one of the best of all time.

I don't know about you guys but I feel so fortunate to have been around to watch Derek grow up from the " kid who is Butch's son or nephew or something" into in my opinion one of the finest guitar players of our time. Everytime I see him play I walk away shaking my head in awe. He just makes it look so easy. If you have ever picked up a guitar, you probably know what I mean. And from what I have read here on the forum he has remained totally aproachable and down to earth thru it all! He is a rock star I WANT my son to idolize. :D :D :D

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:14 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

mike12859 wrote:
HarryZ wrote:
owllover wrote:

I don't know about you guys but I feel so fortunate to have been around to watch Derek grow up from the " kid who is Butch's son or nephew or something" into in my opinion one of the finest guitar players of our time. Everytime I see him play I walk away shaking my head in awe. He just makes it look so easy. If you have ever picked up a guitar, you probably know what I mean. And from what I have read here on the forum he has remained totally aproachable and down to earth thru it all! He is a rock star I WANT my son to idolize. :D :D :D

Amen! Well Said! I concur! Right on! You got that right! :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:20 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Have any of you checked out Matt Grondin?

He's young and not too well known just yet, but his band Inca Maya played at Wanee back on 06 or 07. He got up and played with the brothers too.
Very talented, down to earth guy. he just put a record out that is definitely worth checking out if you like good funk music.
http://www.myspace.com/mattgrondinmusic

George Matters!

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:12 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Mike, right on bro and I get to say I live in the same town as he does! 8-). I even got to see him in my birth town (Tampa) with another God that few really talk about(Santana) a few years back which was really cool and in J'ville with EC. We are getting the best music of this era with all the former and future stars. LIFE IS SOOO GOOD!! :D :D :D :!: :!:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:36 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

anandamayi wrote:

He's young and not too well known just yet, but his band Inca Maya played at Wanee back on 06 or 07. He got up and played with the brothers too.
Very talented, down to earth guy. he just put a record out that is definitely worth checking out if you like good funk music.

although i didnt know who he was at the time, i saw him play with MOFRO at Tipitinas last year, day after halloween. They played Hoochie Coochie Man

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:47 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

anandamayi wrote:

Yep, Matt's got it alright!!!! Nice guy to boot!!! Well, not "kick" boot.....

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:06 pm Profile
 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6