Last visit was: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:32 am It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:32 am

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Showers? 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Showers?
uh,,did i just write that??
as i said earlier,,i'll stick to the sarong this year....

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I always bathe in the river, but do not use anything but 100% biodegradeable soap!! Never anything else! We have to preserve the river I grew up on that is the backdrop to this awesome festival!!!Watch out for Gators, though, they are breeding in the Spring!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Wavo wrote:

yep,,got that one too in blue,,but mine has ruffles.

Do you recognize that guy? it's John Mayer.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:18 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Veteran

I wish I was young and cute again!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:19 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

aerocha wrote:
cybergaloot wrote:
Or shower late at night. Water pressure is often an issue.

Yeah, shower before bed seems like (I say this now) the best idea.

Is water pressure an issues constantly or only at certain times? I'm going to guess it's a function of others using the water which occurs during prime times.

It seems to come and go. I've seen it where water barely dripped from the shower head and at others it just ok, never really strong.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

There are lots of ways to "get clean" . The lines at the bath house were never longer than 15 mins., for me. Everywhere there are hoses to rinse off. 4am probably no line to shower, just depends how dirty you get. A long swim, good rain, I really wasn't too focused on my shower at Wanee. :o :oops: :P

p&l

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

dang, I forget who told this story....

but you might find something ELSE going on in the shower stalls at 4am!! :shock:

fess up..who was it who told the story about gettin down with someone in their hammock, hammock busted, so you moved it to one of the shower stalls in the bathroom?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:12 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Shower?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:13 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

yup..getting dirty, AND clean, all at the same time!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

yep...just as I thought, it was...THE DUDE!

well, uh... after the first night there, after DTB played, i went back to the camp and my friend i was with went to bed, shes such a lightweight partygoer, so i staggered around and met some other people near by and chilled with them, hit it off with a girl and she came back with me. Since my friend was asleep in my tent and i couldn't get into the truck we decided to take it to the hammock. Now i was very wary of the sub-par construction of this hammock and had not overlooked dangers of breakage during the installation of said hammock, but time was of the essence and darkness was afoot. She was not sure that this hammock would support 2 people much less any extra force being exerted, but in a showcase of sheer bravado and bulls#%t i convinced her otherwise. Needless to say, during the first few minutes it began making funny (read: distressed) sounds and i told her it was just "settling in", haha, naw, those sounds let directly to it breaking, the wood bar hitting me in the head, falling butt first onto cold, wet muddy gravel and spilling out were 2 scantily clad, very annoyed people. We agreed to trash the hammock idea and finished in the showers on river road.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 pm Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next