Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:16 am It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:16 am

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 widespread panic showtime each night? 
Wanee Fan

Post widespread panic showtime each night?
any ideas of when panic will be playing each night at wanee??, i assume from like 7-9p before allmans each night.

but Maybe they will each close out one night considering how many folks will be coming out for panic. :mrgreen:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: widespread panic showtime each night?
panic's tour page has them playing at 6:30 on fri and sat

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."

-Bob Dylan

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

you phish ppl, seem to love to make comments like ^^

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:46 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

scarletfire1585 wrote:
panic's tour page has them playing at 6:30 on fri and sat

Could it be that they are playing 2 hours each night? That would be great. The only drawback of a festival is when a good band only has an hour set.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:46 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Here's one Spreadhead that's going no where and gets older by the second.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:30 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

wspengineer- in an attempt to help answer the question, I pulled out LAST YEARS Wanee Souvenir program to provide a little insight. its in my lap as i type.

Last yr on Friday, Mule was the band before ABB(or second headliner of day) They played from 730pm-900pm. I was far too smashed during Mule, I can't personally attest it was exactly that. But it sounds right. Then, ABB closed from930pm-12. I remember that being right also.

Saturday Doobie Brothers???(second headliner{finger scratcher I know}) played from 7pm-830pm. I skipped it completely for DriveByTruckers and back to camp- I Know whats up;)
ABB did 930-12 again. It was awesome fun.

The question you asked about Panic getting to close a night possibly...good question. In respect, Im not sure the Boys would actually accept. They love them. JB, Derek,Jimmy, Gregg - they admire and respect the hell outta them, and or each other. Its a win-win situation, however it pans out. But if I had a say in it, I'd start the days music EARLIER, shorten a few lesser names and accomodate Panic with equal time-before or after. I dont want ABB shortened(and EVERYONE THERE AGREES!) but Panic deserves more time for sure. A totally biased opinion.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:02 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Hey to you WSP FAns.
I haven't been to see them, but if they are half as good as what their fans attest them to be, cannot WAIT to hear them.
See ya there.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

i saw panic for the first time in Charlotte in oct, the 3rd and 4th, with ABB. First night it was ABB/WSP then the second night it was WSP/ABB. And although i was there for the ABB, i was a minority i believe, b/c there were like 3 hotels where i was staying that was filled with Panic fans, or maybe they were the only ones still up at 4 am. Either way, Panic really rocked, i dont know why there is such a conundrum about this band...uh, their fans were not unruly whatsoever, certainly not out of hand in any way, i mean, i had an amazing time with the absolute nicest people ive ever met. I came solo, flew in from south MS so i had no truck, no goodies, etc. These people accepted me in with them, gave me a ride to and from the shows both nights, hooked me up with goodies of all kinds and gave me a ride back to the airport. one of them was the guy who invented the apparently widely known Brave Friend clothing brand, if that name means anything to anyone. So i cannot wait to see them again. Although they are not my favorite band and i wouldnt travel around the country touring with them, i certainly relish seeing them again and look forward to the interplay between them and the ABB and whoever else shows up.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:34 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Dude, I know exactly who you're talking about. Those guys definitely show the love. Great people all around our scene.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:09 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Good example of great minds!
Thanks for sharing!

Living in Atlanta, I have mixed with the WSP fans many times and always came away with the same wonderful experience. :D :D :D

p&l

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:00 pm Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next