Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:52 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:52 am

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 widespread panic showtime each night? 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: widespread panic showtime each night?
I just figured they would alternate like on the tour. Either way...

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I don't know...it is the Allman's festival and they have historically closed both nights. I think Panic will play both nights before ABB but I think they will get a two hour slot. That's my guess.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:24 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Panics website has them starting at 6:30 both nights. Panic pretty much requires two hours to do a legit festival set. I anticipate plenty of jamming between Panic and the Bros....just were they left off in the fall.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:44 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

We were really depressed about missing the ABB/Panic run this past fall so we are really stoked about Panic playing Wanee. It's going to more than make up for what we missed! :D

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

hotlantafan wrote:
Hey to you WSP FAns.
I haven't been to see them, but if they are half as good as what their fans attest them to be, cannot WAIT to hear them.
See ya there.

Jimmy is gonna set the woods of the SOS a blaze! :twisted:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Hatfield wrote:
Jimmy is gonna set the woods of the SOS a blaze! :twisted:

I approve of this message.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:32 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Listening right now to Panic's set in Chicago on 9.22.09 when Derek came out and tore it up on Mercy>Jam>Rock. I expect we're going to see some amazing collaborations at Wanee when both bands are on the stage. Probably about a six-hour total jam fest each night.

As for the Panic fans, I'm an old-school DeadHead and Allmans fan. I think Panic and their fans have the exact same vibe - a lot of community and sharing and good times. Last summer when Panic played both nights of the Mile High Music Fest, I met people from all over the country who came in for Panic. Very cool crowd.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:57 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

420, just hearin' about your experience gives me the kind of chills I used to feel 30+ years ago when all the Southern rock guys were in full swing. Now as I am older and the NEW SOUTHERN ROCK is in full swing with the Allman Bros as the Fathers of all these bands makes it seem full circle. Though Widespred is peaking now, I am sure they give plenty of respect to those who've paved the way. I do love the way the brothers have evolved and are just happy to play alongside all these bands. That's the Spirit of the Suwanee!!

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:20 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

suntzu wrote:
420, just hearin' about your experience gives me the kind of chills I used to feel 30+ years ago when all the Southern rock guys were in full swing. Now as I am older and the NEW SOUTHERN ROCK is in full swing with the Allman Bros as the Fathers of all these bands makes it seem full circle. Though Widespred is peaking now, I am sure they give plenty of respect to those who've paved the way. I do love the way the brothers have evolved and are just happy to play alongside all these bands. That's the Spirit of the Suwanee!!

well said suntzu

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:31 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Thanks Hatfield, I always get this way before Wanee!

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:34 pm Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next