Last visit was: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:44 pm It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:44 pm




 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Primitive camping map question 
Author Message
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 19
Post Primitive camping map question
hello everyone. hope this has not been beat like a dead horse so far but I have a question about the primitive camping map online. On one of the maps in the primitive camping areas there is a area that says "areas for membership". Is this area off limits to the primitive camping first come first serve or do these require reservations during the festival? thanks much for the help.


Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 am Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 2118
Location: Jacksonville (Mandarin), FL
Post Re: Primitive camping map question
If you are talking about the area down river road, left side past the bath house - I have never seen any primitive camping there. The area looks like long term RVers and really haven't seen anywhere to set up a tent. One area that mrs wl and I enjoyed when prim camping was on the right side of river road - just before the bath house. Open area, shaded and water outlets to rinse off.

_________________
Image


What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio


Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs


Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 8784
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: Primitive camping map question
waneelover wrote:
If you are talking about the area down river road, left side past the bath house - I have never seen any primitive camping there. The area looks like long term RVers and really haven't seen anywhere to set up a tent. One area that mrs wl and I enjoyed when prim camping was on the right side of river road - just before the bath house. Open area, shaded and water outlets to rinse off.


WL, "the right side" is this area I guided Liv to in the other primative camping thread :?: 8-)

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 pm
Posts: 2344
Post Re: Primitive camping map question
The most important thing involved with getting a good spot is arriving early. I would think Thursday morning should be okay.

_________________
Click Below Daily To Feed The Animals

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3


Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 am Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 pm
Posts: 2344
Post Re: Primitive camping map question
Check out the park map that shows the reserved spots.

http://musicliveshere.com/sosmpmap.gif

All other areas are okay for primitive camping.

Use the reserved spot map along with the goolgle map to see how much primitive area is available. i bet they could fit 50,000 primitive campers easily.

_________________
Click Below Daily To Feed The Animals

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3


Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:26 am Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 2118
Location: Jacksonville (Mandarin), FL
Post Re: Primitive camping map question
Dartdog82 wrote:
waneelover wrote:
If you are talking about the area down river road, left side past the bath house - I have never seen any primitive camping there. The area looks like long term RVers and really haven't seen anywhere to set up a tent. One area that mrs wl and I enjoyed when prim camping was on the right side of river road - just before the bath house. Open area, shaded and water outlets to rinse off.


WL, "the right side" is this area I guided Liv to in the other primative camping thread :?: 8-)


Dd - not sure if we are talking the same area or not. The 1st couple of years we set up in the area with the pink bar below and really enjoyed it.
Image

_________________
Image


What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio


Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs


Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:02 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 8784
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: Primitive camping map question
waneelover wrote:
Dartdog82 wrote:
waneelover wrote:
If you are talking about the area down river road, left side past the bath house - I have never seen any primitive camping there. The area looks like long term RVers and really haven't seen anywhere to set up a tent. One area that mrs wl and I enjoyed when prim camping was on the right side of river road - just before the bath house. Open area, shaded and water outlets to rinse off.


WL, "the right side" is this area I guided Liv to in the other primative camping thread :?: 8-)


Dd - not sure if we are talking the same area or not. The 1st couple of years we set up in the area with the pink bar below and really enjoyed it.

Attachment:
prim camp.jpg


Yes. it's close. I was talking about the area just to right of the pink area where you can see a trail leading to the river. I believe thats all primative camping too. But even the pink area is a good spot too close to bathhouse. 8-)

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:22 pm Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 2118
Location: Jacksonville (Mandarin), FL
Post Re: Primitive camping map question
The area to the right of the pink bar is pretty dense and not auto friendly for the most part. Many park alongside that dirt trail and hump it back in and set up. Seclusion and an early warning system are built in............ 8-)

_________________
Image


What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio


Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs


Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:27 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: Primitive camping map question
the area I am talking about is just beyond the area you high lighted with the pink box, like the area where the bathhouse is. that's the area I am talking about.. thanks for the help again


Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:53 pm
Posts: 3645
Post Re: Primitive camping map question
it's right close to where our spot is. as I understand, that is for people who pay membership and "belong" to the park. I don't think it is open for primitive...


Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:23 pm Profile
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Google [Bot], TurnitinBot [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.