Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:09 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:09 am

[ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 New Members / 1st Timers - Please Read This 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: New Members / 1st Timers - Please Read This
mushdaddy wrote:
Welcome to the forum, mrpfister81. A lot of help here. :)

Thank you! April 10th happens to be our 1st wedding anniversary and what better way to spend it than with amazing music and new friends! :D

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:20 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Is there camping gear available to rent at wanee. I went several years back when the festival was held in June I think it was. Stayed in Lake City that year and rode in with freinds but they don't attend any more. I'd have to take off Thurs and Fri, fly into Talahassee Thurs, get rental and drive to wanee, probably get they mid afternoon if all went well. Sunday I'd have to get up early, back to Talahasse to catch a plane to Ok. Pipe dream, or is this even possible?

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:59 pm Profile
Wanee Master

It is possible...just not easy to complete.
No camping gear available for rent that I know of.
Maybe you could get someone you know to carry equipment for you
Or...
you could stop at Wallyworld and buy a cheap tent. Food is available there....so it is doable.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Edgar wrote:
Is there camping gear available to rent at wanee. I went several years back when the festival was held in June I think it was. Stayed in Lake City that year and rode in with freinds but they don't attend any more. I'd have to take off Thurs and Fri, fly into Talahassee Thurs, get rental and drive to wanee, probably get they mid afternoon if all went well. Sunday I'd have to get up early, back to Talahasse to catch a plane to Ok. Pipe dream, or is this even possible?

Very possible, people do more with less to get there. Sounds like you have a better plan than most. ;) I would look into flying into Jax maybe, both Tally and Jax are ~80 miles from live oak. Just spent a few minutes on google maps, JAX looks a bit bigger than Tally. May allow you more times to fly in, and better rental car selection. I would want to be there so bad i would arrive wed night. :lol:

Rent a van! You are driving ~175 miles, so maybe $50 in gas, but you will have a steel tent... you might be able to leave the seats out also.. Ask MANY questions.

And stick around here. You would be surprised what happens.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:39 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere... looked and couldn't find it

Is there any sort of curfew for music at Wanee? Really I'm asking because I'm curious if Umphrey's or moe. will be able to play one of their signature til sunrise type sets. Thanks!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:12 pm Profile
Wanee Master

No curfew...

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:21 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

That's great news, thanks!

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:34 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

To Edgar: I second the notion of renting a van and camping in it. A friend of mine plans to do that when he heads up (from Florida) to the Mountain Jam festy later this year...

Back in the day, we would pack a hard cooler with our camping gear, and check it as baggage. When you arrive, pull out your gear, and voila! You have your stuff and a cooler for your liquid refreshments...

Just check the weight limits, maybe weigh that sucker BEFORE you leave home, so you know what you're carrying. :)

Best of luck.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:32 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

How can we find people who can't go a d want to sell their camping spot

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:26 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Check here often....and post when you have secured one please.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:24 pm Profile
 [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next