Last visit was: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:12 am It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:12 am

[ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 New Members / 1st Timers - Please Read This 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: New Members / 1st Timers - Please Read This
Welcome to the Forum, sunnyd330712.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:43 am Profile
Wanee Peach

Is it true that backpacks are not allowed this year? Will I even be able to bring in an empty bottle for water?

Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:15 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Also what about food? Can I bring a lunch into the concert area? If I have a granola bar or two, will they pat me down and throw away my nourishment?! :?

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:30 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

josh6string wrote:
Is it true that backpacks are not allowed this year? Will I even be able to bring in an empty bottle for water?

Came in to ask this exact question

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:08 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Correct, backpacks are not allowed. They gave me a hard time about bringing in a small backpack shaped camera case. As for food, no one confiscated my granola bar or small bag of cashews, I believe the search is looking for hidden booze. They let me bring a cup of coffee in. You can bring in a sealed water, so I imagine they will let you take an empty bottle to fill.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:53 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Tuesday 4/8/14
Rain early. A mix of sun and clouds in the afternoon. High 76F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Rainfall near a half an inch.
No other rain "predicted" for the rest of the week. Wednesday night in the 40's, daytime 70's to low 80's. Sounds perfect to me.
Remember, I said "predicted".

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:45 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Mama Wanee wrote:
Correct, backpacks are not allowed. They gave me a hard time about bringing in a small backpack shaped camera case. As for food, no one confiscated my granola bar or small bag of cashews, I believe the search is looking for hidden booze. They let me bring a cup of coffee in. You can bring in a sealed water, so I imagine they will let you take an empty bottle to fill.

don't get me wrong, i'm super excited to get to wanee, but what in the world kind of festival doesn't let you bring a backpack into a venue?! between buttwipes, a hoodie, extra cigs and lighter, maybe some jerky, a flashlight, and any cool stuff i wanna buy while i'm in there, there's just NO WAY i'm going to be able to carry all that!

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:12 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

sneake wrote:
Mama Wanee wrote:

don't get me wrong, i'm super excited to get to wanee, but what in the world kind of festival doesn't let you bring a backpack into a venue?! between buttwipes, a hoodie, extra cigs and lighter, maybe some jerky, a flashlight, and any cool stuff i wanna buy while i'm in there, there's just NO WAY i'm going to be able to carry all that!

This is EXACTLY what I'm saying. I've had my backpack with me every year and it actually holds important/non-contraband stuff. I bring rain jacket, long sleeve pull over, towel, lighters, map/schedule, eats, and stuff I buy. I absolutely hate having to go back to camp once I'm in because I try to fit in as much music as possible. This better be one of those things that gets lax throughout the weekend. Don't tell anyone but I did buy a "waist pack" on Saturday just in case to hold the essentials

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:58 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

WoolyFSU wrote:
sneake wrote:
Mama Wanee wrote:

This is EXACTLY what I'm saying. I've had my backpack with me every year and it actually holds important/non-contraband stuff. I bring rain jacket, long sleeve pull over, towel, lighters, map/schedule, eats, and stuff I buy. I absolutely hate having to go back to camp once I'm in because I try to fit in as much music as possible. This better be one of those things that gets lax throughout the weekend. Don't tell anyone but I did buy a "waist pack" on Saturday just in case to hold the essentials

is "waist pack" cool speak for "fanny pack"? haha. party on

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:33 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

^^It is a less lame way of saying fanny pack I suppose. You caught me! Well played Sir

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:56 pm Profile
 [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next