Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:01 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:01 pm

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Cover songs 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Cover songs
At the ABB/WSP Birmingham show in Oct. Derek joined WSP for a smokin' Maggot Brain (instrumental) :twisted: One of the highlights of that fall tour in my opinion.

And since it is a George Clinton song, I might guess he will join them on stage!!! You heard it here first people!! :mrgreen:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:42 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

the last panic little wing was about 1 mile from my house at the SIU arena in carbondale

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."

-Bob Dylan

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:46 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Wow I just learned something new. I didn't know Maggot Brain was a George Clinton song. :? How awesome would that be :D :D
The possibilities for different collaborations at this festival are endless! I'm gettin so excited!!!!!!!! :D

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:47 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

scarletfire1585 wrote:
the last panic little wing was about 1 mile from my house at the SIU arena in carbondale

The last one I saw with Derek and Susan was a NYE show at Phillips a few years ago.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:49 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

This might not count as much as I've actually already seen it. But in 2008 on the last night of the Ratdog/Allmans tour, Bobby opened with Help on the Way>Slipknot. All of Ratdog then came out about half way through the Allmans set to finish things off with a crazy Franklin's Tower.

Hoping the Allmans repeat that Franklin's Tower at Wanee on whatever night Bobby's there.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:20 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

owllover wrote:
I'll gladly make "for sale" signs to get rid of that middle testical to see that as well!!

..."Testical"?

:roll:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:53 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Mushroom

I'm going to have to kick this up a notch.. how about ABB doing a cover of Highway 61 with old Johnny Winter sitting in. Then I'll take WSP cover ole Vic Chestnut's Protein Drink > Sewing Machine with Warren and Derek sitting in, right into a smoking cover of Neil Youn's "Mr. Soul".....phew...or we could bring out Dr. John with WSP and have them to do a cover of Guilded Spllinters with all of the boys from ABB and WSP...oh man my mind going crazy with anticipation and it's only Feb!!!!

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:50 am Profile
Wanee Fan

kevhic wrote:
Dartdog82 wrote:
NCviper wrote:
I know that ABB has covered "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down"......I would LOVE to hear them do it live @ Wanee!

I think they did do it in 06 at Wanee :!: 8-)

They did it at the first one,I was there,a hush came over the crowd,it was foggy,It was one of those moments..you no what I mean!!!

Yea, I really fell in love with the ABB that night... I'm a sucker for anyone who covers "The Band"....it was really cold for april, you could see your breath in the night air...next day I walked over and ordered my first instant live recording :)

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:18 am Profile
Wanee Fan

treehugger wrote:
Wow I just learned something new. I didn't know Maggot Brain was a George Clinton song.

:o :o :o :o

Ok, on that note I'd say I'd like to see a funky soul stew style cover of "Mommy What's a Funkadelic?" or "Fido" by the Byrds.

Last year Mule rocked my world with "Hunger Strike", for me I'm not sure that can be topped.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:25 am Profile
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4