Last visit was: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:18 am It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:18 am




 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Best Fest? Worst Fest? 
Author Message
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 478
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
BEST FEST.........wittness 2000 DUBLIN, IRELAND

i was teachin them Irish how WE do fests down SOUTH ... man I think I scared some folk....but I tell ya one thing...I brought my own leprechauns and it just seems like dem folk overseas dont throw down like we do....tis ashame

worst fest ...... loki 2008 .... tore my achilles the day before fest and had to cancel.......


Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:15 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 721
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
Best: a tie - 1st New Orleans Pop Festival (1968), Bear Creek 2009 or any of the Waterfront Blues Festivals - loved the last Bear Creek Festival!

Worst: the last (as in final) Freedom Blues Festival and it wasn't that bad, just poorly thought out

_________________
----
Put it in the Dumpsta!


Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:25 pm Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 478
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
cbybergaloot....what was that fest like???
who played????
That sounds insane!!!


Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 pm
Posts: 3717
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
cybergaloot wrote:
Best: a tie - 1st New Orleans Pop Festival (1968), Bear Creek 2009 or any of the Waterfront Blues Festivals - loved the last Bear Creek Festival!

Worst: the last (as in final) Freedom Blues Festival and it wasn't that bad, just poorly thought out


I agree Bear Creek 2009 was awesome. Weather was perfect, music kicked ass and the atendees were way cool. I loved the intimate feel of the smaller festival. We will probably go back again next year, depending on the lineup.


Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:47 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:53 pm
Posts: 3645
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
dangfunky wrote:
BEST FEST.........wittness 2000 DUBLIN, IRELAND

i was teachin them Irish how WE do fests down SOUTH ... man I think I scared some folk....but I tell ya one thing...I brought my own leprechauns and it just seems like dem folk overseas dont throw down like we do....tis ashame

worst fest ...... loki 2008 .... tore my achilles the day before fest and had to cancel.......


they don't throw down at a festy like we do, because they are drunk 24/7..so really it's just another day in the life of an Irishman! :lol:


Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 1386
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
Perpetual Groove's Amberland is really fun.


Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:23 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:25 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
I want to give an honorable mention to Strange Creek - it truly is a beautiful fest with all my Max Creek and Strangefolk peeps!

_________________
Image Image


Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:31 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 316
Location: Jacksonville
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
The best festival ever, Wanee 06! I was in good company...
The best time at a festival, that last year of Down on the Farm! I was on probation and had to improvizeeeeee.....but it was still fun!

_________________
Music is what feelings sound like.

Image


Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:35 pm Profile
Wanee Fan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 167
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
It's hard to say "best", but there are a few at the very top of my list that I never miss:

Jamcruise (ok, it's the best of the best for me)
Bear Creek
Jazzfest
Wanee

Worst fest:
Probably bonnaroo, or any fest that's oversized like that.

_________________
Image

George Matters!


Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:37 pm Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:59 pm
Posts: 344
Location: Jersey!
Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
anandamayi wrote:
It's hard to say "best", but there are a few at the very top of my list that I never miss:

Jamcruise (ok, it's the best of the best for me)
Bear Creek
Jazzfest
Wanee

Worst fest:
Probably bonnaroo, or any fest that's oversized like that.


Ananada is also one of the 2 hottest babes on Jam Cruise every year

_________________
ImageImageImage


Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:45 pm Profile YIM WWW
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.