Last visit was: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:57 pm It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:57 pm

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Best Fest? Worst Fest? 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
KingRhino wrote:
anandamayi wrote:
It's hard to say "best", but there are a few at the very top of my list that I never miss:

Jamcruise (ok, it's the best of the best for me)
Bear Creek
Jazzfest
Wanee

Worst fest:
Probably bonnaroo, or any fest that's oversized like that.

Ananada is also one of the 2 hottest babes on Jam Cruise every year

Damn, thanks for the compliment! Is it because I gave you that lollipop or because I danced with Grace Potter at the Galactic show?
And who's the other babe? 8-)

George Matters!

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:54 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

One of the best fest experiences I've ever had was All good 2006. One of the worst was Bonnaroo 02. Just too damn hot and never went back after that. also my first wanee in 08 was the greatest of all. all Good 08 was a pain in the ass too.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:22 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I love any fest I go to because I'm there for the music. If there are good bands, I'm happy anywhere. If the bands are not any good, I don't go.

Case in point is the Mile High Music Fest outside Denver. Two days on soccer fields surrounding the pro soccer stadium. No trees, no natural shade in the middle of summer. Lots of concrete and fake grass. Last year I got to see two nights of WSP, Mule, Buddy Guy, RRE, Dead Confederate, Lukas Nelson, Greyboy All-Stars, Robert Randolph, Band of Heathens and a bunch of other good bands. Terrible setting + great music still equaly good fest in my book.

I'll also put a plug in for NedFest in Nederland, CO. A funky little fest in a funky little mountain town. Last year featured Leftover Salmon and SCI off-shoots along with hippies and families, and even some hippy families. Lots of fun.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:22 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

anandamayi wrote:
KingRhino wrote:
anandamayi wrote:
It's hard to say "best", but there are a few at the very top of my list that I never miss:

Jamcruise (ok, it's the best of the best for me)
Bear Creek
Jazzfest
Wanee

Worst fest:
Probably bonnaroo, or any fest that's oversized like that.

Ananada is also one of the 2 hottest babes on Jam Cruise every year

Damn, thanks for the compliment! Is it because I gave you that lollipop or because I danced with Grace Potter at the Galactic show?
And who's the other babe? 8-)

Yes
Very yes

And my wife

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:33 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Lover

OK KingRhino, what about the hottest single ladies at Jam Cruise?

Or better yet, at Wanee!?

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:48 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Veteran

treehugger wrote:
cybergaloot wrote:
Best: a tie - 1st New Orleans Pop Festival (1968), Bear Creek 2009 or any of the Waterfront Blues Festivals - loved the last Bear Creek Festival!

Worst: the last (as in final) Freedom Blues Festival and it wasn't that bad, just poorly thought out

I agree Bear Creek 2009 was awesome. Weather was perfect, music kicked ass and the atendees were way cool. I loved the intimate feel of the smaller festival. We will probably go back again next year, depending on the lineup.

The 2010 Bear Creek lineup is shaping up to be a lot like the 2009 one, which is fine by me.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:37 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

dangfunky wrote:
cbybergaloot....what was that fest like???
who played????
That sounds insane!!!

Which fest are you referring to? Assuming it was the 1st new Orleans pop Festival (actually held closer to Baton Rouge & I got the date wrong, it was Aug 31 - Sep 1, 1969 - 2 wks. after Woodstock) the line up was:
Oliver, Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys, It's A Beautiful Day, Country Joe and the Fish, Byrds, Youngbloods, Canned Heat, Chicago (Transit Authority), Tyrannosaurus Rex, Santana, Iron Butterfly, Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin. There were some other regional bands.

I was only 15 and we missed Janis & Dr. John. I don't remember seeing Chicago or the Dead. Its a Beautiful Day played twice because somebody was a no-show and a band called Clover played (later Huey Lewis & the News). Santana was amazing! Absolutely amazing! I liked Canned Heat (w/ Alan Wilson), the Byrds, Cat Mother, the Youndbloods, and Country Joe and the Fish.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:59 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

My favorite is Mountain Jam! go every year, love the people and that mountain!!! Dear god, i love that mountain, even when it pours :D
If i had to qualify one as the worst....my first music festival Woodstock '99....

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:01 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Ananada is also one of the 2 hottest babes on Jam Cruise every year[/b][/quote]

And who's the other babe? 8-)[/quote]

Yes
Very yes

And my wife
[/quote]

Damn - my $$ bet was Grace as the other hottie!!!! Well played KR, well played. (I am certain he showed this to his wife already....)

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:55 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

libarchiver wrote:
So, festivaters...out of curiousity, and plus I'm in a furk kind of mood, I figured I would ask what is your favorite fest, and what is your least favorite fest. I'd like to hear the reasons why too.

Happy furking!

:D More furking sheeite...I used to go to the Music Midtown Festivals, in Atlanta, until they stopped having them. They were, for the most part, pretty good. Fights at the Bush show bummed me out, so, I left, and ended up catching Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, almost by accident. Caught the end of Cheap Trick's set, and stumbled over to where the Cult was set to play. Some yuppie made fun of my tye dye, and, beer gut, and put his hands on me, and I began developing the blackass, and knew I was gonna do something wrong, and we just left. Besides, Ian Assberry was abusing the crowd, and just giving out bad vibes. Bummed, suddenly, I just wanted to be home, so, we began trudging out. Before we got out the gate, we saw about 7000 folks, to our left, having a blast. They were enjoying Kool & the Gang, somebody I wouldn't have gone to see...but, 7000 dancing people of every color and friendly mindset can't be wrong. We got in there and danced and laughed, and sang lyrics, if we knew them. Once again, great music, and friendly vibes saved the day !

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:54 pm Profile
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next