Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:24 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:24 pm

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Best Fest? Worst Fest? 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Best Fest? Worst Fest?
libarchiver wrote:
I'll answer my own question:

Worst - All Good '05

The weather sucked, and the promoter screamed at us, and told us we were all "bad apples."
Best - It's a toss up between Harvest Fest at Suwanee in '03/'04 and Bonaroo '04.
Rocked my face off...and don't remember any of it.

Interesting...

I was at that Allgood in '05...wasn't that the one at Terra Alta and it snowed after being like 85 degrees the day before! Yes THAT Allgood sucked! Generally I like Allgood, the music is great, but as it's gotten bigger it's a little more difficult, I've started to do the VIP for that festival which really makes it nice (IMO)

Bonaroo is too big in my opinion (We went to II and IV and they were both so HOT and miserable) Music was great but those big empty fields with no place to cool off and the music tents were too filled with people to be comfortable.

I think the smaller the venues (new music fests) are probably the best before they get over crowed, even if it does rain the music makes the fest for what it is.

We're checking out delfest this year (#3)...so shouldn't be too big and the line up is killer, ifn you like bluegrass.
http://www.delfest.com

Also we can't wait for jamcruise we'll be virgins on that but we are finally going and I can't wait.

I just hope Wanee is as great as everyone says, I'm a little nervous about the potential size of it but the line up is too good to not go!

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Nataloi wrote:
libarchiver wrote:
I'll answer my own question:

Worst - All Good '05

The weather sucked, and the promoter screamed at us, and told us we were all "bad apples."
Best - It's a toss up between Harvest Fest at Suwanee in '03/'04 and Bonaroo '04.
Rocked my face off...and don't remember any of it.

Interesting...

I was at that Allgood in '05...wasn't that the one at Terra Alta and it snowed after being like 85 degrees the day before! Yes THAT Allgood sucked! Generally I like Allgood, the music is great, but as it's gotten bigger it's a little more difficult, I've started to do the VIP for that festival which really makes it nice (IMO)

Bonaroo is too big in my opinion (We went to II and IV and they were both so HOT and miserable) Music was great but those big empty fields with no place to cool off and the music tents were too filled with people to be comfortable.

I think the smaller the venues (new music fests) are probably the best before they get over crowed, even if it does rain the music makes the fest for what it is.

We're checking out delfest this year (#3)...so shouldn't be too big and the line up is killer, ifn you like bluegrass.
http://www.delfest.com

Also we can't wait for jamcruise we'll be virgins on that but we are finally going and I can't wait.

I just hope Wanee is as great as everyone says, I'm a little nervous about the potential size of it but the line up is too good to not go!

JAM CRUISE!!! <-- that's all I can say because they don't have words that could possible describe it's awesomeness.

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Wizard

Nataloi wrote:

I was at that Allgood in '05...wasn't that the one at Terra Alta and it snowed after being like 85 degrees the day before!

No, I don't think this is the same one. There was like a hurricane on the final night and everyone was flipping out trying to get off the mountain. We huddled together in a truck trying not to blow away, totally spun out. Yeah, it sucked. It was on Marvin's Mountaintop though. I'm not sure what Terra Alta is.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

libarchiver wrote:
Nataloi wrote:

I was at that Allgood in '05...wasn't that the one at Terra Alta and it snowed after being like 85 degrees the day before!

No, I don't think this is the same one. There was like a hurricane on the final night and everyone was flipping out trying to get off the mountain. We huddled together in a truck trying not to blow away, totally spun out. Yeah, it sucked. It was on Marvin's Mountaintop though. I'm not sure what Terra Alta is.

Yea..I messed up not 2005 but Allgood #5...in 2002
"It rained, it poured, it snowed, but it rocked in 2002 in Terra Alta, WV, the last location before the move to Marvin’s. Local farmers towed some 450 cars out of the mud. Promoters bought out the entire supply of blankets and tube socks at the local Army-Navy store and handed them out free to several hundred freezing festival goers, many of whom “chilled out” to
watch “moe. In the snow,” plus Dark Star Orchestra, Leftover Salmon, Keller Williams, Sam Bush and more." I was one of the fortunate ones that brought rain gear. Although I only had sneakers and had to wear ziplock baggies over my socks (which someone gave to me that were dry). We drove our F150 4x4 and we too I think needed a tow...well maybe we managed to get out I don't really recall. I do know that they allowed campfires in the tent areas because of the snow it was CRAZY! The music was still good though but the mood was less than enthusiastic. It sounds as if yours was CRAZY weather too. I don't think we went in 2005, I don't go to all the allgood's we didn't go this past year but went in 2008, we plan to go this year provided the line up is what we're looking for.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:02 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Best - Jam Cruise
Worst - HSMF - borrrrring lineup, I can name at least 10 fests with better lineup. Yah nice location, but who wants to drive 4-5 hrs to red neck hicksville for bands that I can see for $5 locally - ok maybe 2-3 bands would be $20. Until they get beter lineup, skip this fest

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm Profile
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4