Last visit was: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:57 pm It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:57 pm

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Bruce Springsteen 
Wanee Wizard

Post Bruce Springsteen
Alright, a "little bird" made a comment about Bruce today. :lol:

I felt the same way for all my life - he sucks! My friend drug me to the closing of Giants Stadium show in October. I can honestly say I was blown away. It's just one of those things that if you open your mind and let it in, it's worth it. It was one of the craziest parties I've ever witnessed. I felt like I was in an Irish bar (not that I know what that is like, but just stereotyping here). Besides...his wife is a redhead, and she's hott!

What are the rest of your thoughts on Springsteen.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Bruce Springsteen
Honestly I have never liked him, but my hubby had the same experience as you. Saw him live and gained a whole new perspective. I haven't seen him so I can't relate. But hey, I am open minded. 8-)

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:55 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Bruce is the BOSS

You know couldn't stand bruce when I was younger,I liked Nebraska a little when it came out,but I started listening to him
a few years back.I have Greetings from asbury park and I bought a live in England from the 70's and its realy good.Bruce gives his fans there moneys worth,he was well known for 5 hour shows when he was younger and he is really a great songwriter he is as they say" everyman" I saw him do Tom Jode with Tom Morollo from Rage Against the Machine at Pete Seegers 90th and I was very impressed.I also saw him do London Calling on VH1 classic.
Bruce has my respect

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:57 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I'm a huge Springsteen fan. Amazing songwriter and one of the all-time great live performers.

Last time Mrs. SparkDog and I saw him was this past April in Denver-on the floor about 20 feet from the stage. Bruce is a true rock and roll warrior. Is he sometimes a bit over the top? Kind of cheesy? Over emotional? Of course, but that's half the fun. And he's having as much fun as the entire audience.

I'm also glad he's continuing to put out music. Hell, he could rest on the laurels of his albums Asbury Park through Born in the USA and his fan base would continue to sell out arenas. But in the past decade he put out three albums (The Rising, Magic, Working on a Dream) that rival his best work in the 70s and 80s.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:09 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Listened to alot of Bruce over the years...the early days were great,,Jungleland,Darkness,Sandy,Thunder Road,,,,
then a few limp tunes would come in,,,
then in the early 80's i finally got to see him and it was the difference as usual with LIVE music...killer live !!!
fast forward thru the 90's and up til now,,
i still like Bruce,but something has faded with his songs for me.
they just don't have the same story telling lines and feel to them...
but then there alot of that missing today.....
thought sure i would have gone to Bonnaroo to see him last year
but just couldn't get excited with only a few choice bands on the lineup.....then he's been here a time or two and i skipped out here...
so yeah,,i still dig Bruce,but he's not so much the Boss these days,,for me.
that said,,if you've never seen his live show,GO !!

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Have been seeing Bruce for over 30 years

67 shows and counting

DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN totally changed my life and what music meant to me

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:12 am Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Mushroom

I'll have to agree here too. I was never a bruce fan until his "Pete Seager" sessions came out and I really enjoyed that. So he came to town and went to see him. Wow what a freaking show man. The man is full of energy is non stop and has one hell of a band. One of the top 15-20 shows I've ever attended and that's coming from a youngin who was lucky enough to see Jerry ;).. I would definitely recommend to anyone to go see Bruce Springsteen. Ssme thing with(and I hate to admit this) I was taking a raelly good friend her to see her fave band Coldplay(not my choice of shows considering Larry keel was playing that night in town for 10 bucks)..147.50 ticket...best seats in the house.. I was all pissed knew it was going to suck, but I have to admit, they were very talented musicians and put on a great show. Now I'm sure they do the same set every single night, but still it was a really good show. I've never seen that many people in Verizon Wirless in all of my 15 years of seeing shows there. Anyway.. and please dont' give me s#%t about going to see Coldplay, it was for a good friends b-day.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

In SWFL we don't seem to get much live music. You better drive to Tampa, Miami or Orlando. At least 2 hours.

Well, at some charity event/carnival thing there was a band to play. NOTHING to do, so what the f!*k...let's go.

The "band" came out.....5 singers....one guy on a computer....that was all. But alot of people showed up.

Families, bikers, and many gay folks. Actually a VERY interesting mix of peeps.
Well, we got all beered up, as did others, acted really goofy, and basically had a good time, making the best of it.

It was the f!*king Village People. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So ya just never know what will be hoot live. Not that they we any good.

Go see live music. All kinds. Enjoy the moment. Laugh.
It's all good.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:55 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Now let's not ever bring that story up again..........

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:57 am Profile
Wanee Lover

GratefulDem wrote:
Now let's not ever bring that story up again..........

Yeah,what the f!*k was that all about,you didn't look gay when I met you LOL

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:36 am Profile
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next