Last visit was: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:18 pm It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:18 pm




 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 JJ GREY AND MOFRO 
Author Message
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:25 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
kevhic wrote:
Winter Haven Fl


Wonder if he climbed the tower? :D

_________________
Image Image


Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:43 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:12 pm
Posts: 951
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
kevhic wrote:
thedude420 wrote:
yea man, they gone be right in pretty much my hometown, like 20 min down the road on April 15..what a drag man im gone already be at wanee so im gone miss em. I guess thats not really a drag hell ill be at wanee but id love to see em at that bar. small and really intimate

Hey dude,you were at the mule Show in Atlanta when JJ and Cody D came out and did 32 20,I remember Warren going into im a loser baby,so why don't you kill me,JJ looked at Warren and was like OMG this guys is amazing



I was there. Although im not sure he teased "Loser" during 32 20, i dont hink it was that song, but i really cant remember. Remember warren and JJs face when Cody started ripping that washboard? Both them cats were stoked. Was you there all day/night? Stayed for HCR latenight and warren came out and jammed with them?

_________________
That rug really tied the room together.


Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:53 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Posts: 2090
Location: jax beach
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
thedude420 wrote:
kevhic wrote:
thedude420 wrote:
yea man, they gone be right in pretty much my hometown, like 20 min down the road on April 15..what a drag man im gone already be at wanee so im gone miss em. I guess thats not really a drag hell ill be at wanee but id love to see em at that bar. small and really intimate

Hey dude,you were at the mule Show in Atlanta when JJ and Cody D came out and did 32 20,I remember Warren going into im a loser baby,so why don't you kill me,JJ looked at Warren and was like OMG this guys is amazing



I was there. Although im not sure he teased "Loser" during 32 20, i dont think it was that song, but i really cant remember. Remember warren and JJs face when Cody started ripping that washboard? Both them cats were stoked. Was you there all day/night? Stayed for HCR late night and warren came out and jammed with them?


Well I just listened to it and it was 32/20 loser tease right after Cody ripped it on the psychedelic sycotic washboard as Warren called it.
I got there halfway thru Outformations set and had to leave after a few songs of Hill country due to my buddy drinking to much.

_________________
http://mulearmy.net/mulestream

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?


Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:22 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:12 pm
Posts: 951
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
so it was during 32 20. I havnt listened to that set in a while. Sucks you had to leave man. Did you get to see Warren come out and play with HCR? Dont know what they played but it was killer. My buddies left me without my knowing although we were staying only just up the road; as a sidenote i didnt really care. Outformation was real good i had never heard or seen them before.

_________________
That rug really tied the room together.


Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Posts: 2090
Location: jax beach
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
thedude420 wrote:
so it was during 32 20. I havnt listened to that set in a while. Sucks you had to leave man. Did you get to see Warren come out and play with HCR? Dont know what they played but it was killer. My buddies left me without my knowing although we were staying only just up the road; as a sidenote i didnt really care. Outformation was real good i had never heard or seen them before.


No didn't get to Warren HCR,was pretty bummed but WTF
I became aware of Outformation from the guitar player sitting in with Mule a few times ,ive seen them here in Jax at Freebirds
beleave it or not, but I find out about alot of new and good players thru the Mule and Warren,he and his wife help out alot of up and comers,While Warren is out on tour his wife combs the New York bars looking for talent

_________________
http://mulearmy.net/mulestream

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?


Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 8:04 pm
Posts: 967
Location: Jacksonville
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
Hey man have you ever read the whole story? His was just a tragedy!!! An amazing guy!
kevhic wrote:
suntzu wrote:
Kevhic, you never cease to amaze me!! Gram was definitely one of us Wanee heads at heart!!


You know Gram grew up in southern Georgia not to far from Suwanee

and thanks for the compliment,I love to listen to great music and also love to read about it

OK ,I had to look that up,he lived in Waycross until his father died when he was 12 ,then he moved to Winter Haven Fl


Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Posts: 2090
Location: jax beach
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
suntzu wrote:
Hey man have you ever read the whole story? His was just a tragedy!!! An amazing guy!
kevhic wrote:
suntzu wrote:
Kevhic, you never cease to amaze me!! Gram was definitely one of us Wanee heads at heart!!


You know Gram grew up in southern Georgia not to far from Suwanee

and thanks for the compliment,I love to listen to great music and also love to read about it

OK ,I had to look that up,he lived in Waycross until his father died when he was 12 ,then he moved to Winter Haven Fl

I have heard bits and peaces of his story,I lot I read in Kieth Richards Bio and another book on the Stones tour in 69 can't remember the name.I know he came from a very wealthy family with a history of mental illness,he was one of those that wern't suppose to grow old,truly a tragidy

_________________
http://mulearmy.net/mulestream

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?


Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:38 am Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 pm
Posts: 3722
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
I used to live in Nashville and Gram Parsons is a legend. He was a very special guy. He helped give EmmyLou Harris her start. I love EmmyLou, she has the voice of an angel. Gram's life was too short and ended tragically. He was among some of the other great musicians that just couldn't find that balance and practice moderation in their indulgences. So sad. Much respect to Gram Parsons! I wish he were still with us.


Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 8:04 pm
Posts: 967
Location: Jacksonville
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
That's right Treehugger, and as I found out through people here in Jacksonville and The book "Burrito Deluxe" Gram had actually gone to Bolles School twice and his mother died if alcoholism during his senior year. A guy locally said when Gram was 18 or so he could play anything, pedal steel ,guitar, bass, piano, drum, etc. I wish I could pick Anyone's mind who knew him. Vassar Clements knew him, but I don't know Vassar.


Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:36 am Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Posts: 2090
Location: jax beach
Post Re: JJ GREY AND MOFRO
Here you go


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
http://mulearmy.net/mulestream

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?


Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:09 am Profile
 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], EnjoyingTheRide, Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.