Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 am It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 am

[ 6 posts ] 
 vending question (walking pass?) 
Wanee Pro

Post vending question (walking pass?)
Does anyone have any info on vending? I have a friend who has business selling these cool little velcro straps for backpacking that I would like to sell for him at Wanee. Do they have walking vendor passes (like at allgood)? I poked around about vending but this is not a big business (grass roots kinda thing) and I would maybe only be selling about $100/200 worth of stuff at most (and that might ambitious) 2straps/bundel are like $1 or $2

just wondering if you can point me to the right link or have info.

thanks!

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:49 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: vending question (walking pass?)
if you click on guidelines & applications, they have one for venders.

that's all I got!!

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:53 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

owllover wrote:
if you click on guidelines & applications, they have one for venders.

that's all I got!!

Beat me to it.....Just about to say the same!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:55 pm Profile
Site Admin

Show up at the meet and greet on Thursday also - you'll have a captive audience.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:40 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Crusader vending!
Stick it to the man! Stealth vending is a tradition. :)

Ok really...

From a practical stand point you should have no worries at all. As long as you don't flaunt it, particularly around the vending at the front of the field. Those are the folks with the big nut to cover.

I would start around my campsite and show them around to the neighbors. It is always a good idea to vend with a partner to keep the amount of inventory on you to samples.

Don't push your luck out in the open by the field stage unless it is dark and there is a big crowed. Remember to cover everything if you walk toward the other stage. When you clear the Root beer stands i always felt safe moving around the steps. Be careful on the far right down front( the backstage door is hoppin and home to the the coolest vendor in the houses spot. The left side is wide open.

I always went back to selling campsite to campsite.

Be bold, walk up, introduce yourself, then when everyone is properly introduced, I would ask something like "anyone here looking for "the craft product" I am selling" and make sure to answer questions, wait for friends to go get friends, and smile. If at this point you are not bopping along at full groove, you may want to reconsider the way you are spending your time. For me, I could never get enough of it. Every camp sight is like a tiny town. Some of the same people have been camping together for 13+ years here and it is a cool bunch of freeks! The largest, most estableshed ones are in primative camping just past the chaple on the lake, and furthur around the lake on both sides of the path.

My favorite place to vend is on the road heading down to the beach. As you walk down first you will pass the back of the mainstage on your left, then the enterance to RV camping and gate to the field stage if you walk threw RV a little. What can I say about the RV area... hmmm THANK YOU!! DAMN! When you are over that way it is way worth meeting the group in the top left corner. Great bonfires, kind people, they know their beers, and you never know who will be jamming at any time, day or night. Where was I? ah hah! on the road with the stage to my left. This is a great road to just find a shady tree on the side of and advertise your stuff to the folks walking to the beach or up to the stage.

WARNING -Many people on golf carts zip by quick, so look before you leap!!!

If you are lucky enough to have a friend with a golf cart, my favorites are the trails down by the river, but thats another tale....

After a day of meeting tuns of folk and sharing my "craftwork product" with as many people as I did, I was ready to run back to the campsight, reconnect with friends, and change into warm clothes, just in time to make it to the music.

I hope that helps a little.

Forgiver me a lil digresion here...
Few tips on breaking the law.

Don't flaunt it! People put up tapastries, and decorate for function, for privacy, for making an easy landmark. Why are you going to go along with your half in the bag friends attempt to pass you something in an inapropriate spot. Keep your wits and don't get sucked into someone who tells you not to worry.
The Field Stage and The Drum Circle are the primary hunting ground of, The county shakedown squads. Don't be out in the open puffing away. Always keep it chill. If a sight you find yourself sitting at gets swarmed stay cool. If they ask to search you or your property,say NO. Sometimes they will hit a spot with a lot of kids, fishing for an easy bust. There are so many private, wooded cool places to do what ya do, why risk becoming part of Lake County's GDP.

Pace yourself, see the bands you really want to see even if selling is going well, get numbers (repeat/ mail order costomers, I never got this one just right, but "the craftproject" I sold needed to be sold on a very low key manner.)

Have a blast!

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:10 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

tasteslikecoffee wrote:
Stick it to the man! Stealth vending is a tradition. :)
Pace yourself, see the bands you really want to see even if selling is going well, get numbers (repeat/ mail order costomers, I never got this one just right, but "the craftproject" I sold needed to be sold on a very low key manner.)

Have a blast!

DUDE! Thanks for all the great info :D I'm not sure if I will be vending or not (my friends have this nice little speedy strap for camping... check out www.trailtek.com) named after a little bar we used to goto in college. I'll be seeing them this weekend and see if they want me to vend for them, Im not making any money for moi, but don't mind helping them out. I also have a friend who makes awesome tie dyes (Hugo from Cville) although I haven't been in touch w/him lately so not sure if I can bring some dyes down for him but will reach out again to him to see if he wants me to do it.

THANK YOU this is great info!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 am Profile
 [ 6 posts ]