Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 pm It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
 Buddy Guy added 
Wanee Fan

Post Buddy Guy added
That is fantastic! I love Buddy and have seen him more times than I can count. He had one of the best sets at Bonnaroo 2 years ago. This is great news :D

Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Buddy Guy added
agreed,,fully.

Fri May 15, 2009 9:41 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

One of my FAVORITE blues guitar players. Seen him so many times have a shrine in my basement, tickets, pictures autographs. CAN NOT WAIT!

p&l

Sat May 16, 2009 4:17 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Absolutely awesome. I'm thrilled, too. Went to his restaurant, Legends in Chicago a couple years ago. Sat next to him at the bar. How cool is that? We were too starstruck to talk to him, and everyone else was hasseling him for pics and autographs so we didn't want to bother him. Didn't get to see him play though, he didn't play that night. So, looking forward to that. He is one of the best blues guitarists ever.

Sat May 16, 2009 4:48 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I went to Buddy's club outside of Chicago back in the 90s. His wife at the time was playing pool and drinking with the people in the club. It was great. Buddy heard that a few of the people at our table were musicians and came over to chit chat with us near the end of the night. He invited my boyfriend at the time to sit in on 2 songs on bass which was incredible. Since then, I've seen him numerous times at small venues (Like the Iron Horse in Noho, Ma) and he always stops to talk to people in the audience. I think it's hilarious when he breaks a string and sits down on the edge of the stage and strikes up a conversation while fixing it. Once he played a tease of some Hendrix and when the crowd went wild he said "I didn't know you liked that kind of stuff" then went on to melt the paint off the walls with a killer "Voodoo Child".

Sat May 16, 2009 5:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

nice.....i just love the Guy...
last week i saw a Tommy Lee Jones/John Goodman/Ned Beatty
movie called The Electric Mist and Buddy and Levon Helm played in it...i just love the Guy.

Sat May 16, 2009 7:31 pm Profile
 [ 6 posts ]