Last visit was: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 pm It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 pm

[ 8 posts ] 
 t-bird and the breaks 
Wanee Veteran

Post t-bird and the breaks
Yall ever heard of them cats? I caught them one night in at a TINY lil bar by my house last fall and they were rocking the hell out. Seemed like 15 of them on stage, 3 beautiful soulful ladies singin and the rest of them duded were funkin it up. I just, like 5 min ago, read a little article about them in Hittin the Note mag and apparently the are earning fans all across the south; i thought they were a semi-local band, alas i was wrong.

yall should check em out if they come around. Certainly Wanee worthy

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:33 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: t-bird and the breaks
I've heard of them NOW! :)

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:36 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Feb 13, 2010 10:00 PM
The Thirsty Hippo
Hattiesburg, MS

Aaaaaand they are coming back to where i saw em before, first weekend im gone be home too. Perfect! round deuce here we go

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:39 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Just downloaded their album but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet

I know they've been picked to open some dates for Galactic, so they have that seal of approval which is good enough for me!

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:33 am Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Wizard

Speaking of T-Bird....there is a band called "Stillwood." They are out of Tally. I used to see them a lot, about 10 years ago. By any chance is this T-Bird the keyboardist of that band? I looked Stilwood up on the internet and it looks like they haven't played together since '05. Just curious.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:16 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

libarchiver wrote:
Speaking of T-Bird....there is a band called "Stillwood." They are out of Tally. I used to see them a lot, about 10 years ago. By any chance is this T-Bird the keyboardist of that band? I looked Stilwood up on the internet and it looks like they haven't played together since '05. Just curious.

Danny Goddard of Stillwood plays a lot with his wife Kelly and her brother Brian Durnham in the group The New 76ers. Kelly & Danny also front a band called The Windfall. Both really good groups.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:03 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

cybergaloot wrote:
libarchiver wrote:

Danny Goddard of Stillwood plays a lot with his wife Kelly and her brother Brian Durnham in the group The New 76ers. Kelly & Danny also front a band called The Windfall. Both really good groups.

Thanks for the info Mister! So, is Stillwood defunct now?

Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:21 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

libarchiver wrote:
cybergaloot wrote:
libarchiver wrote:

Thanks for the info Mister! So, is Stillwood defunct now?

I don't really know. I know they have been putting a lot of energy into The New 76ers and have a CD in the making. They are also busy raising families (really cute kids!). The New 76ers play the most. The Windfall not as much. If Stillwood does play its not very often. The last time I saw them was at the last Down On The Farm Festival which morphed into Bear Creek so I guess that was four years ago.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:42 pm Profile
 [ 8 posts ]