Last visit was: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:14 pm It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:14 pm

[ 8 posts ] 
 Other Cool Music Communities? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Other Cool Music Communities?
As a 7 year member of the Allman Brothers Band website, I am quite slanted in my opinion that their cyber world is the best music sight on this planet!. It has been a source of great enjoyment, new friends, MUCH new music shared and incredible banter about the joys of music. Not to mention the insanity and drama that can come along with cyber worlds. I have never ventured into other bands cyber communities (not a cheater:) and was curious if other folks feel the same about another bands websight?

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 pm Profile
Site Admin

Post Re: Other Cool Music Communities?
Welcome Buzzy! You wouldn't happen to be associated with buzzyjames or Midnight Rider Allman Brothers tribute band, Whippin Post... would you?
Jump on in...................
I pretty much stick to the waneefest community - it provides 100% of the RDA.

(I found the comment about Duane's slide interesting on the MS page. aerocha - might be something to keep an eye out for your way.)

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:04 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Buzzy wrote:
As a 7 year member of the Allman Brothers Band website, I am quite slanted in my opinion that their cyber world is the best music sight on this planet!. It has been a source of great enjoyment, new friends, MUCH new music shared and incredible banter about the joys of music. Not to mention the insanity and drama that can come along with cyber worlds. I have never ventured into other bands cyber communities (not a cheater:) and was curious if other folks feel the same about another bands websight?

:) The Driveby Trucker's website is a good one for everything about them, as well as other great music, mostly, falling into the Americana category. Also, the band, Deerhunter, and its' splinter, Atlas Sound, have a great website featuring music downloads that are as quixotic as they are, compelling. :mrgreen:

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:47 am Profile
Wanee Fan

panicfreaks.org

Of course, its a Panic forum but they have many many separate forums on there for about 12 or so other bands from Mule, ABB, Truckers, Tea Leaf Green, Phish....its all there.

Also state by state forums there, and like 20 more forums for the daily interests of people

It's a great site...very dense

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:00 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I am in a few other communities, MT. JAM forum, NMA forum and lets not forget MULEARMY forum :!: 8-) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:36 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Dartdog82 wrote:
I am in a few other communities, MT. JAM forum, NMA forum and lets not forget MULEARMY forum :!: 8-) :D

I'll second the Mt. Jam forum as a good one. Serious about music, serious about our fest.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I pretty much just use Mulearmy,this site of course and ABB site, mostly on here of late

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:41 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

"Welcome Buzzy! You wouldn't happen to be associated with buzzyjames or Midnight Rider Allman Brothers tribute band, Whippin Post... would you?
Jump on in...................""

Waneelover, thanks for the welcome and I am of no relation to the two you mention (Buzzy82 on ABB site). I have lurked around this sight since its inception but I spend a tremendous amount of time on the ABB website, There is a tremendous amount of music knowledge within the community and the Traders Forum is one the best on the web (high quality, generous and never ending). The community and members are almost like a second family in many ways. My wife used to complain that I spent more time with them than I did with her! When my wife was battling cancer (7 year fight she lost in 2007), the ABB Family was a rock in the eye of the storm. Friends and family outside of the ABB Community were amazad at the level of care, compassion and support that just poured out from so many folks. They looked at it as a website and not realizing the depth of relationships that had been established within that little community. It is a special thing indeed! I appeciate the referrals to other web worlds (especially MuleArmy). Is it April yet ?

Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:10 pm Profile
 [ 8 posts ]