Last visit was: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:13 pm It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:13 pm

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Guess who showed up at the Col. Bruce show tonight? 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Guess who showed up at the Col. Bruce show tonight?
treehugger wrote:
I gotta post this on the positivity thread too! I can't imagine anything much more positive than this night!!!! Wow I am still reeling :!: :D :!: :D :!:

YOU ARE AWESOME TH! I love it when these things happen, and I can't think of a better person right now for it to happen to!

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:47 am Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Thanks Lib. I love to share the love and the good vibes. Much love to you girlfriend!!!!

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:52 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I will post pictures tomorrow! ;)

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:25 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I remember seeing Jimmy Herring when he played with Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit in the 80's. I think it was the Cotton Club here in Atlanta. I remember thinking that this guy not only looks but plays just like Steve Morse. He also used to teach(maybe he still does) guitar lessons around Atlanta. A few of my friends have learned from him and speak very highly of him. Glad you had a good time and had a chance to meet him. Bruce Hampton has always has very good musicians in his band. That's where a lot of them get there start. Guess who was the bass player when I saw Aquaruim Rescue Unit? Oteil Burbridge.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:04 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Speaking of Steve morse, he is coming to Jacksonville!! I am at that show already! Jimmy Herring is always on fire with Widespread.Will he do something with Hampton at Wanee?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:56 am Profile
Wanee Lover

There's all kind of potential matchups at this Wanee. Will Warren Haynes sit in with Weir and Wasserman for some Dead tunes? Will Jaimo join Chuck Leavell and Bramblett for a Sea Level jam? Should be fun.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:19 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re:
treehugger wrote:
No not Greg. That would have blown my mind for sure! Yep Goodbubble, it was Jimmy Herring! Only one of my favorite guitarists of all time. What a show and what a great experience. It is such a small venue that we were able to hang out and talk to Jimmy and his family. What a nice guy he is! So down to earth and gracious. His 17 year old son also sit in for a few tunes. He impressed us too. And Duane Trucks is playing drums for the band now and he was really kicking ass! Loved seeing the youngins rockin' out! Loved standing 10 feet from Jimmy Herring watching and listening to one of the best guitarists ever do his thing! Wooooo Hoooooo I am lovin' life tonight. Nothing in the world can make me feel the joy and feel the love like good live music up close and personal!!! :D :D :D :D

That is soooo great Tree!!! Glad you were able to experience that show and meet Jimmy and Col. Bruce! Thanks for sharing! :D

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Re:
Hatfield wrote:
treehugger wrote:
No not Greg. That would have blown my mind for sure! Yep Goodbubble, it was Jimmy Herring! Only one of my favorite guitarists of all time. What a show and what a great experience. It is such a small venue that we were able to hang out and talk to Jimmy and his family. What a nice guy he is! So down to earth and gracious. His 17 year old son also sit in for a few tunes. He impressed us too. And Duane Trucks is playing drums for the band now and he was really kicking ass! Loved seeing the youngins rockin' out! Loved standing 10 feet from Jimmy Herring watching and listening to one of the best guitarists ever do his thing! Wooooo Hoooooo I am lovin' life tonight. Nothing in the world can make me feel the joy and feel the love like good live music up close and personal!!! :D :D :D :D

That is soooo great Tree!!! Glad you were able to experience that show and meet Jimmy and Col. Bruce! Thanks for sharing! :D

:) Man, that's really fantastic, it really made it worth your while to leave the house. Shows can be like that, sometimes !

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Nice

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:30 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

As promised here are some pics.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:16 pm Profile
 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next