Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:44 am It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:44 am

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Them Crooked Vutures on SNL 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Them Crooked Vutures on SNL
Stoner rock rules

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:07 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Veteran

i do too. Kyuss were gods to me for a long time. Wish i could have lived not on the other side of the country and went to one of their "generator parties", which as lore goes, was when the band went waaay out in the desert unannounced with generators and plugged up lights and PA's and jammed out all night or until the cops came.

monster magnet will always hold a special place also. i could go on and on, but suffice to say, i love stoner rock. Its strange that i could totally rock out hard with some sludgy stoner rock and then put on some Otis Redding and enjoy it just as much.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:41 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

thedude420 wrote:
They are not for everybody and its hard for me to tell you where in their catalog to start but i hope this post might give you a small morsel of info. Certainly check out the reviews and descriptions on cdnow or anywhere else you find info about cds. Or ask me anything specific you want, ill try to help. Not that im an expert, but im just sayin..

The not for evryboby is the appeal, like The Frond who prefer to remain that way, I have always preferred stoner/pych rock to Metal, or what Sabbath and those to follow embraced. I loath continuous guttural screams.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:43 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

yea i frickin despise that abominable death-rattle pig scream called death metal/thrash/anything with screaming in it. QOTSA is not this. Josh, who fronts Them Crooked Vultures has lost a lil bit of voice as he smokes like a dragon and parties equally as hard im sure. But he has a beautiful voice especially in Queens earlier cds, or even later ones such as Era Vulgaris. The Over the Years and Through the Woods live cd is a great starting point as the band is in fine form, setlist covers all cds and...thats just a great starting point

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:54 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

myvinyl333 wrote:
Buzzy wrote:
I caught both songs and was impressed by their playing but thought the vocals were strained and tiresome. Opinions wil vary :D

There were vocals? Just kidding, I am not familiar with QOSTA, so I would not know if his vocals were strained. What I do know is that that there is POWER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ264karv-4

I liked their vocals on SNL, was not real sure what other posts were hearing?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Just found this Bevis Fond Site that also stream :
http://bevisfrond.bandcamp.com/album/inner-marshland

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Their going to be on Austin City Limits if you missed them on SNL.Thats this week.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 am Profile
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3