Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:25 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:25 pm

[ 8 posts ] 
 Col. Bruce to play on Thursday night!! 
Wanee Pro

Post Col. Bruce to play on Thursday night!!
Don't know how many of you are on the Hittin' The Note email list but the one I got yesterday said that Col. Bruce and the Quark Alliance were scheduled for Thursday night.

Hope this isn't old news. The only other ones I remember seeing here were Particle and George Clinton.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:04 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Col. Bruce to play on Thursday night!!
mule4ever wrote:
Don't know how many of you are on the Hittin' The Note email list but the one I got yesterday said that Col. Bruce and the Quark Alliance were scheduled for Thursday night.

Hope this isn't old news. The only other ones I remember seeing here were Particle and George Clinton.

Huh, well I guess I have a 'gotta see' for Thursday. The Col. is one of my favorites of all time. I've seen him so many times over the years starting with ARU a long time ago :roll: . I've come to know that you never know what will happen with him and his band of the moment. Like last Saturday night when Jimmy Herring showed up to play a few songs. 8-) :o :D

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:08 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Huh, well I guess I have a 'gotta see' for Thursday. The Col. is one of my favorites of all time. I've seen him so many times over the years starting with ARU a long time ago :roll: . I've come to know that you never know what will happen with him and his band of the moment. Like last Saturday night when Jimmy Herring showed up to play a few songs. 8-) :o :D[/quote]

:| Hmmmm, this worries me about that possible ARU reunion. I'm thinking that Jimmy and WSP may not be onsite on Thursday night. I hope I'm wrong, and, I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just sayin'...

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

WAIT. Where?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:43 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

I think the Col. could be there all weekend. He's one of those guy's who show up in just about anybody's set.

Keep the faith - an ARU reunion would make my year!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

there has never been a true ARU reunion even when they got back together for a while! Matt Mundy, Matt Mundy I don't know what he is going to play! where is Matt&Apt. Q258???

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Don't know about Matt but Jeff Sipe has been touring a little with his Jeff Sipe Trio (at least here in Greensboro). He's on the schedule again in a few weeks.

They essentially play jazz tunes and it's a real treat to see. Kind of funny too. Out of about 50 people in the audience, probably half seem to be drummers.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:14 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

mule4ever wrote:
Don't know about Matt but Jeff Sipe has been touring a little with his Jeff Sipe Trio (at least here in Greensboro). He's on the schedule again in a few weeks.

They essentially play jazz tunes and it's a real treat to see. Kind of funny too. Out of about 50 people in the audience, probably half seem to be drummers.

I don't know if Matt is playing anymore - the last thing I heard of was a Count M'butu album (See The Sun).

I totally get drummers and when I first saw Jeff with ARU he came out and played a solo on this drum that was longer than he was tall with a curved mallet. And of course he went nuts on the thing. Hooked I was!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:19 pm Profile
 [ 8 posts ]