Last visit was: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:02 pm It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:02 pm

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Who is a must see? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Who is a must see?
You got to see Dumpstaphunk. They had the Asheville Civic Center beating like a heart during Warren's Xmas Jam.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:48 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Hot Tuna

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:11 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

The Black Keys will rock your face off. I hope they get an 1 hour plus long set. the sly and family stone Dumpstaphunk and George Clinton ought to be a hoot. and expect Warren Haynes to wander onto sets for no apparent reason. Derek and Wife. Go to at least 20 sets.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:13 pm Profile
Site Admin

Spaztastiq wrote:
The Black Keys will rock your face off. I hope they get an 1 hour plus long set. the sly and family stone Dumpstaphunk and George Clinton ought to be a hoot. and expect Warren Haynes to wander onto sets for no apparent reason. Derek and Wife. Go to at least 20 sets.

I am really looking forward to the Black Keys and thinking they'll bring something special to the shroom stage if they play there. Hopefully they have a little something something up their sleeve for wanee.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:09 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

The Keys are a main stay on a lot of fest bill that have come out so far this year, they must bring something unique to the scene because they're raising in magnitude. They're playing the pop fests Roo and Coachella, Jam-tronic Waka, and Southern Blues Wanee. Whether or not they variate depending on the crowd and atmosphere is beyond me, but I would have to imagine them soaking up some of the SoS twang and letting someone whom is a compliment to their sound (Warren, Derek, Stills, Winter) walk on and sit in on their set. I looked up a recent show of theirs from Cleveland.

The Black Keys are often likened to The White Stripes, probably because they are both two-person bands and they both rock. But The Black Keys have a much different sound – it’s dirty and unmistakably blues. Guitarist and singer Dan Auerbach’s rugged and soulful voice, combined with his mastery of rhythmic blues guitar (Robert Johnson is one of his influences) and Patrick Carney’s explosive drumming make these guys powerful and hypnotic.
They played much of their most popular music including, Same Old Thing, 10 AM Automatic, Girl is on My Mind, Your Touch, Psychotic Girl and a ripping Stack Shot Billy. Every one of their songs has a steady beat that sometimes grows frantic, sometimes lays low but always leaves people grooving. In most bands, the drummer is overlooked. Not here. Patrick Carney is every bit as important to The Black Keys as Auerbach, and simply a joy to watch. He is passionate, and pounds the skins when he needs to and gently taps them when appropriate. And instead of simply keeping a rhythm, he creates new ones throughout every song. Auerbach plays effortlessly – sometimes playing a few bars with one hand – and is one of those musicians that makes you feel music is playing him, not the other way around.

I'll take some of that from them,with a Wanee twist.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:39 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I know nothing about the black keys..I'm ready to be amazed and in awe!

watched them crooked vultures last nite ...they were good but honestly..I got a little bored. all the songs sounded the same to me. the last song rocked though.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

let's no forget about Dr. John... never seen him and very much looking forward to seeing him. puff puff gulp gulp!!

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:35 pm Profile
Wanee Master

trippin' tom wrote:
let's no forget about Dr. John... never seen him and very much looking forward to seeing him. puff puff gulp gulp!!

"Musta been the wrong time" Lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Last edited by Dartdog82 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:18 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

hell, I just gonna pitch my tent in front of the Peach Stage so that I don't miss any bands...I can do that right??? I won't set up a folding chair, just my tent!

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:20 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Wife turned me on to Mofro a couple years ago. We've seen them 3 or 4 times now at various spots around the country. Great Band. That will be her must see.

I've got several, but The North Mississippi Allstars are at the top of my list. I just hope they don't overlap Mofro. If they do there will be trouble at home.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:05 pm Profile WWW
 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6