Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:50 am It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:50 am

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 EARLY BIRD GET THE WORM 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: EARLY BIRD GET THE WORM
Nataloi wrote:
I'll be there Monday...is there a particular camping area I should request when I get there? Or are all the areas just as cool?

Not to sure about that one Nataloi since this will be my first wanee but maybe one of our seasoned vets can help. Does anyone know?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:50 am Profile
Wanee Master

SuaitiDeaga wrote:
Nataloi wrote:
I'll be there Monday...is there a particular camping area I should request when I get there? Or are all the areas just as cool?

Not to sure about that one Nataloi since this will be my first wanee but maybe one of our seasoned vets can help. Does anyone know?

Your not going to be able to request anywhere, You have to go into the park and find a spot yourself unless you have a reserved spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Dartdog82 wrote:
Your not going to be able to request anywhere, You have to go into the park and find a spot yourself unless you have a reserved spot.

I didn't think you could reserve primitive camping, can you? If you can can anybody make a recommendation?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Nataloi wrote:

The good thing about getting there on Monday is that you will have your pick of just about any primitive area you want. The bad thing is that you won't be able to tell what the area will evolve to by Friday noon.

There are quiet semi-secluded areas, Party central areas, River overlook areas, WiFi accessable areas, fields, woods, just about anything you could want.

Take your time when you get there and ride around. Talk to others that are already there to get an idea of what to expect as more people arrive. Consider walking distances, shade, traffic, generator noise, high ground (in case of rain), drum circles, etc. Search this board for whatever you want to be near or far from.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:09 am Profile
Wanee Pro

RvrRat wrote:
Nataloi wrote:

The good thing about getting there on Monday is that you will have your pick of just about any primitive area you want. The bad thing is that you won't be able to tell what the area will evolve to by Friday noon.

There are quiet semi-secluded areas, Party central areas, River overlook areas, WiFi accessable areas, fields, woods, just about anything you could want.

Take your time when you get there and ride around. Talk to others that are already there to get an idea of what to expect as more people arrive. Consider walking distances, shade, traffic, generator noise, high ground (in case of rain), drum circles, etc. Search this board for whatever you want to be near or far from.

Right, Right, hmmm what do I want...what do I want? I want it ALL! :lol:

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:23 am Profile
Wanee Peach

I am gonna be there Wednesday evening. I do not want to wind up in the fiasco at the front gate on Thursday night like last year. I got there before dark so I could find a spot and pitch camp in the light. Did not happen. I got lost in the park and finally found a clear spot in the field about 10:00 pm. Figured I'd have to move the next morning...but instead found that I had some of the coolest neighbors.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Monday, now that's an early bird special!!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:47 am Profile
Wanee Pro

liketosmoke wrote:
Monday, now that's an early bird special!!!

I guess that means I need to bring the worm ;)

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Early Thursday! By 10! :P

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Well me and my peeps will be there Tuesday

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:44 pm Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next