Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 am It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 am

[ 6 posts ] 
 silly question on camping 
Wanee Gnome

Post silly question on camping
So it is my first wanee and the staff at the park can't seem to answer my questions...i have noticed alot of you guys have reserved camping sites already...i am assuming i missed my chance...but for next year, when was this done? Now onto this year...i am told it is first come first serve...and basically to just grab a piece of land. i was planning on heading up a few days early to relax a bit....am i going to be stuck with a small piece of land in an open field? (ie...bonnaroo) just trying to plan a bit...thanks all :P

Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: silly question on camping
Not a silly Queston at all, You shouldn't have any problem whatsoever, especially if you are getting in a couple of days early. Go to the "camping location" thread and click on the map link.. The place is huge, hundreds of acres, both wooded and open fields. You should be able find a spot in the middle of everything or a spot away from it all, it depends how far you are willing or able to walk to get to the stages.

Thu May 14, 2009 10:33 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

thanks mike! was just worried i would find any shade and be right on top of my neighbor...so excited to go this year...hopefully the first of many!

Thu May 14, 2009 10:37 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

following the theory that no question is a stupid question....I am under the impression there are 2 stages, and you can camp in the woods or by the river....like bonnaroo or langerado, can you camp somewhere to hear the music?? Its my first Wanee and I am the first one in, so I have to stake claim for 4 cars worth of territory, is that a doable thing? i know at other festies, you just get crammed in like sardines

Thu May 14, 2009 11:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

i was taught that any questions asked with "sincerity" is not a stupid question.....

so there ARE stupid questions,,,such as a friend walking up to your house that has burned to the ground and asks,"did your house burn to the ground?"....hence,stoopid.
just had to add that didn't i ?

on camping, the Rees lake area is not for everyone due to the fact that you CAN get some rowdy neighbors, but i have camped by the lake and you can hear the mushroom stage fairly well,depending on location.
for those that have never been,you'll be very happy as to how close everything is to walk to.....it's nowhere near bonnaroo or big sites like that...so much more compact.
a beautiful place...

Fri May 15, 2009 9:49 am Profile
Wanee Fan

hells yea, it already seems like heaven. with warren, grace, and the gang there it IS heaven. thanks for the time!!!! wooooooo, i am so stoked! havent seen the brothers since october in Hotlanta, i can not wait!

Sat May 16, 2009 2:04 am Profile
 [ 6 posts ]