Last visit was: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Who 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: The Who
Nataloi wrote:
Chile Bear and I went to see them at the Verizon Center in DC last year and yes they can still rock out and they aren't bad but to be honest, I'd rather see Mule, ABB, Furthur and the jam bands of today. The Who are a nostalgic band plus its only Daltry & Townshend for ol' Geezers such as myself. Although Pete hasn't lost it, but I'd like to see them try something new like the way Robert Plant and Alison Krauss put that CD Raising Sand together!

Pete is doing so things with his girlfriend Rachel Fuller
they had a web show Up in The Attic

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

First time I saw The Who was in 1983 on their farewell tour. Then I saw them more than 20 years later. :lol:

I grew up on The Who - they were such a huge band for me in my youth. To see them again live a few years ago was f'n awesome (helped by fifth row seats).

While Roger's voice is fairly shot compared to the golden years (though he can still bring it), and Keith and John are gone, I'm pretty impressed with the touring lineup. Zak is the best post-Moon drummer by far. No one can touch Keith, but Zak brings a manic style that really drives the band. The bassist - Paladino? - is excellent. And Simon is in there because Pete occasionally switches to acoustic - something to do with his bad hearing.

Add to it that they put out a pretty damn good record a few years back, and I'm hoping they have one more tour in them. I'd definitely get back on board that magic bus.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:55 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

SparkDog wrote:
First time I saw The Who was in 1983 on their farewell tour. Then I saw them more than 20 years later. :lol:

I grew up on The Who - they were such a huge band for me in my youth. To see them again live a few years ago was f'n awesome (helped by fifth row seats).

While Roger's voice is fairly shot compared to the golden years (though he can still bring it), and Keith and John are gone, I'm pretty impressed with the touring lineup. Zak is the best post-Moon drummer by far. No one can touch Keith, but Zak brings a manic style that really drives the band. The bassist - Paladino? - is excellent. And Simon is in there because Pete occasionally switches to acoustic - something to do with his bad hearing.

Add to it that they put out a pretty damn good record a few years back, and I'm hoping they have one more tour in them. I'd definitely get back on board that magic bus.

Pete is working on a new album for him and Roger and due to tour in 2011
But if you really want to see them soon they will be doing Quadrophenia at Royal Albert Hall on March 30th

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:12 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I saw The Who here in Tampa 2 of three years ago and I thought they really rocked it. As far as the Super Bowl, lets not complain too much, we could have had Snoop Dog or Lil Wayne :lol:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 am Profile
Wanee Pro

wholigan wrote:
Pete is working on a new album for him and Roger and due to tour in 2011
But if you really want to see them soon they will be doing Quadrophenia at Royal Albert Hall on March 30th

Really?! NOW THAT would be something to see for sure...hope they broadcast it. Quadrophenia is my all time favorite Who album.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

They may be going old...but respect The Who...thay can still rock man!!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:50 pm Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2