Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:00 pm It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:00 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
 CLT furthur 
Wanee Pro

Post CLT furthur
who's going tonight?

charlotte got some nice tunes in the next few days.....

furthur
galatic
umphrey's mcgee

i am gonna be poor but happy and deaf....

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: CLT furthur
Have a good time dangfunky. They really tore it up in Atlanta.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:47 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

joeythefoot is going. Have fun!

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:50 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

review from Asheville

Here is tonight's Furthur show from Asheville, North Carolina. I scored a taper's ticket from Dany last night and could not help myself. I made it to Asheville at about 4:45 and met Dany at is hotel. He had the pimp room in the Haywood Hotel. We got to the venue 20 minutes until doors and met Muletaper, Todd, Peter, and Phil there. Looks like more tapers for this show than Atlanta already. The security crew pre-checked our bags and we actually got in 10 minutes early. We went to our seats and saw that the band had that entire row for their recording gear. There was a sign saying we were moved to rowBB just behind the board. We scurried there and set up shop in the middle of the row. Some of my Team Dirty South compadres, CD, Col. George, and Gordon, appeared after we were set up. Tonight's would prove much easier on the body and soul. No smashed bodies and guarding stands.

They took the stage and opened with Alabama Getaway. The Mama Tried had a nice country twang to it. My favorites proved to be the Pride Of Cucamonga and Loser. So glad John is getting to sing some of the Jerry songs. Much better dellivery than Bob on those numbers. After Hell in a Bucket, I was worried that might be it, but, Casey Jones capped off the 63 minute set.

The setbreak was rediculously long! Over an hour after a short 1st set did not make any sense to me. The 2nd set was a nice long jam! Stranger was very well delivered, and segued smoothly into He's Gone. Then some real meat, Bird Song>Unbroken! Awesome couple of songs. The first Magnolia of the night was next, as they launched into Ryan Adam's Magnolia Mountain. Phil always has a penchant for covering Ryan's tunes. Strawbery Fields was a great surprise, and then John delivered a heartfelt Stella Blue. I can remember there were always folks who were so sick of this, not me. I truly believe Jerry loved to perform this one. This version was great. They closed out with the crowd helping for NFA. A Sugar Magnolia encore and we were out in the 15 degree Asheville night!

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

http://www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-02-09.schoeps.ccm4v.zman.105965.flac16
Linkage!

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:43 pm Profile YIM WWW
 [ 5 posts ]