Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:47 am It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:47 am

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Camping 
Wanee Pro

Post Camping
This is my first time to this festival and this campground. Where is the best place to camp that is centrally located to the river and facilities and music? Where are the stages located? I know it's kind of luck of the draw, but we would like to camp somewhere that is not too rowdy and loud late at night. We are gonna be tent camping but thinking about getting one of the sites with water and electric. Is it worth it, or are there better primative sites? Any advice is appreciated.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:43 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Camping
Go past the peach stage. make a left. go down to the where it comes to a T. Go left. Go down thru the trees. Go left. That should put you right next to Rees Lake. 5 min walk from the stages. Plus you get to walk thru Shakedown Street and all the little campground jams. BUT DONT PARTAKE BY THE LAKE. The cops will get you.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:19 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Anyone know what the "special persons" sites are? They're near the horse camping, west of the stage. Why are they called that? Are they more level/wheelchair accessible or something. I got a site there with electic and water and the reservationist said they are nice and shady.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:09 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Hey Vee were is this "Shakedown Street" in reference to were I am? I am on the main RV road campsite 265.

Thanks,

Pete

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:18 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

kujobie wrote:
Anyone know what the "special persons" sites are? They're near the horse camping, west of the stage. Why are they called that? Are they more level/wheelchair accessible or something. I got a site there with electic and water and the reservationist said they are nice and shady.

All I know is that the "special persons" sites is wall to wall RVs with little to no shade. It is right next to the back entrance to the festival grounds. There are a lot of people coming and going. Not my choice of a good spot. It would be a good spot for those in wheel chairs, etc though in that its close and level until you enter the festival grounds, then there is a slope down.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:28 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Camping Question
Hi! It's my 4th Wanee, 1st time staying on site... What's the best time to arrive on Thursday to pick a tent site? Is it a mob scene when the gates open?

Last edited by AndieBee on Wed May 27, 2009 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:15 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

we were in the lake circle last year, and the police and undercover were everywhere being annoying...

June 10th-15th- Bonnaroo

www.myspace.com/prepstef02

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:27 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Thanks F2Photo! The information is very helpful.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:34 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post PARTAKE
First of all, this is my first post and I am extremely excited about going to my first wanee festival this year. I have been a forum lurker for a few weeks now and have found the forums very helpful.

So the word is that the lake is the wrong place to camp and partake? Where would be the right place to camp and partake responsibly? I would like to camp around other people(isn't that one of the best things about a festival?...meeting new people?) and also somewhere I can responsibly partake, but have no worries about undercovers, uniforms, etc. Thanks for the help!

Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 am Profile
Wanee Fan

SO,is the Loop area considered primitive camping and first come first serve?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:38 pm Profile
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next