Last visit was: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:23 pm It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:23 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What is your favorite Gov't Mule studio album? 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: What is your favorite Gov't Mule studio album?
Listening to GM play Neil's Keep on Rockin' in the Free World. nice.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:39 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Kicked like a gov't mule...I agree with the statement Warren might be making."Where's my Mule 40 acres etc.". Right now I don't need subsidies, 8-) social security, :( but I'd like to have it if I need it. :o Working is better for the soul if you can do it!Allows me extra money for Wanee Fest, 8-) Mountain trips, other trips. Warren is God!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:03 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

he really is! I am forever in AWE :o

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:45 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

granger@cp-tel.net wrote:
I never heard the term used to describe women. I always figured it was from the government's promise of "40 acres and a mule". Doesn't Warren sing "where's my 40 acres, where's my mule" on the one CD I do have, I think just self-titled? Well, I've downloaded a bucket full of GM to listen to over the weekend, which may begin early since it's sleeting/snowing here in NW Louisiana and that usually shuts everything down since no one knows how to drive in this stuff. And of course it's mardi gras so the university is closed Monday through noon Wednesday. Now that's civilized, and why I'd have a hard time working in another state. Not getting Mardi Gras off work? Barbaric! Laissez les bon temps roulez, everyone!

Where's my mule,wheres my 40 acres
Wheres my dream mr emancipator
to live this way,i might as well meet my maker

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

owllover wrote:
it's a SNOW MULE DAY!!

so enjoyed reading these posts. great stuff.

and this reference seems similar to JJ Grey's "she's got an ass like an army mule"

I have never known why they are Gov't Mule...had people ask me and I never know what to say!

they definately work hard. THANK YOU MULE!

That is a true story,James Browns wife had an ass like a gov't mule,thtas where the name came from

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:17 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

mule4ever wrote:
"The Driveby Truckers say that the Three Southern Icons are George Wallace, Bear Bryant, and Ronnie Van Zandt, but, to me, it's a possum, a catfish, and a mule. I oughta' tattoo it on my ass, right above the "Exit Only" tattoo."

I've read a lot of funny stuff on this forum but that might be the best thing I've seen yet.

Kindbuddyrow, I definitely owe you a beer.

:D You don't owe me anything, man, just pay a positive vibe forward...with the metaphysical idea that we're all just dust on the road, we'll get in each other's eyes, at Wanee. :D

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 pm Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3