Last visit was: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Eric Clapton's third Crossroads Guitar festival 
Wanee Wizard

Post Eric Clapton's third Crossroads Guitar festival
http://www.jambands.com/news/2010/02/10 ... rossroads/

Eric Clapton’s third Crossroads Guitar Festival will take place at Chicago’s Toyota Park on June 26. In addition to Slowhand, the festival will feature performances by Allman Brothers Band, BB King, Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck, Albert Lee, Steve Winwood, ZZ Top, Sheryl Crow, Hubert Sumlin and John Mayer, among others. Clapton has history with many of the event’s performers, especially his hero BB King. His recent collaboration with the Allman Brothers Band and current tour with Beck should also spur some sit ins.
“The Crossroads Festival is the realization of a dream for me, to gather a group of amazingly talented musicians to perform on one stage,” said Clapton in a statement. “The Crossroads performers are all musicians I admire and respect.”
Other acts scheduled to appear include Robert Randolph (who regularly sits in with Clapton on “Crossroads”), Joe Bonamassa, Keb Mo, Robert Cray, Jimmie Vaughan and David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas of Los Lobos. All profits from the Festival will benefit The Crossroads Centre in Antigua, a treatment and education facility founded by Clapton for chemically dependent persons.
The festival’s complete lineup includes:
Albert Lee
Allman Brothers Band
BB King
Bert Jansch
Buddy Guy
David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas of Los Lobos
Doyle Bramhall II
Earl Klugh
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr.
Hubert Sumlin
James Burton
Jeff Beck
Jimmie Vaughan
Joao Gilberto
Joe Bonamassa
John Mayer
Keb Mo
Pino Daniele
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Sheryl Crow
Sonny Landreth
Steve Winwood
Vince Gill
ZZ Top

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:06 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Eric Clapton's third Crossroads Guitar festival
I'll be there!! anybody else?

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:07 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

This is tempting. My parents live right by Chicago. It would be an excuse to go home and to take my dad somewhere.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

That would diffenatly be something I would enjoy. Thanks for the 411

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:10 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Tickets are 100 dollars apiece. I'm game.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:21 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

we went to the last one...one of the top concert experiences of my life! disappointed no Derek or Susan on the lineup..maybe they will be added? did they say when tickets go on sale?

we will most likely go again. I have a hotel room reserved 3 miles from the venue. warning...it was HOTTER THAN HELL the last time. they put a metal grate down over the field and it basically fries you like a piece of bacon. not comfy...

but this time we are getting up in front of the stage. (the first however many people get up there then it's closed off)

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:24 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

owllover wrote:

but this time we are getting up in front of the stage. (the first however many people get up there then it's closed off)

Is there seating up there, or is it standing room only? Whereas I can rage it on my feet all day, my father can not. He would like to say he can, but it would make me nervous to be honest.

They go on sale on February 20th at 10 am.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:28 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

there is seating all the way around. then there is the field which is GA. we did GA. very long day, pretty darn uncomfortable! and girl, seriously, you will need to bring something cuz it was a fry fest. so damn hot...I'll never forget when the sun FINALLY slipped down enough that all were in shade, you could feel the relief of everyone. a huge, collective AHHHHHHHH.

last year if you joined EC's fan club you got 1st dibs on the tickets.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:50 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

owllover wrote:
there is seating all the way around. then there is the field which is GA. we did GA. very long day, pretty darn uncomfortable! and girl, seriously, you will need to bring something cuz it was a fry fest. so damn hot...I'll never forget when the sun FINALLY slipped down enough that all were in shade, you could feel the relief of everyone. a huge, collective AHHHHHHHH.

last year if you joined EC's fan club you got 1st dibs on the tickets.

Yeah, you can buy tix through EC's fan club on the 19th (a day earlier).

So, for GA can I rent a chair for my pops? Or is strictly like standing or sitting on the ground?

Sorry to be drillin' ya owl. Thanks for the info girl! Oh, and did they do it there last time too?

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:53 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

no problem! yes, this is the exact same venue as Crossroads II. so if you have seen the DVD of it, you'll get a great idea of what it will be like.

no chairs in GA. sit on hard ground...and hopefully you had a blanket or something to keep your behind from burning. we shared ours because many around us had nothing....

ouchemama

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:11 pm Profile
 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next