Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:32 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:32 pm

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cap on ticket sales 
Wanee Veteran

Post Cap on ticket sales
I just got a response from Michelle at LiveNation and she confirmed that there's a cap on tickets. She didn't know the exact number, but thought it was 20,000. As you can imagine, 20K won't be a problem and I wouldn't be surprised if the sales were close to that number already. If you have anyone on the fence you better tell them to figure out if there going soon.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:42 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Cap on ticket sales
if there are 20,000 people there...... i don't want to go. It was too packed last year. Bathrooms, all the mid life crisis dudes and their f!*king lawnchairs, no room to dance, rude ass people and gangsta's selling bunk. 20K, keep them. I am going to Orange Blossom Jamboree!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:48 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I don't like the thought of 20k either, but with this years line up you know they will hit that mark.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I know I have not been on the fourm long, but from what I see there is alot of bitching on here. Is it because you dont want people to find out about this awsome festival? God for bid some new people come and enjoy themselves. I mean really guys the reason I love Wanee so much is the community and the music and if 20,000 people come so be it. Whats wrong with making some room for people who enjoy the same things you do. It just really upsets me how negative some people are on here. Enjoy life we can make room for others its called sharing.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:19 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I don't know where you guys have obtained the magical number of 20k from. I read an article that cites this:

"With a capacity of 8000 people and over 700 acres of RV and tent camping area, they offer a variety of services to their guests. These include camping equipment rentals, firewood, and even a golf cart. There is also a more luxurious form of camping, where fully-furnished cabins are offered as sites within the park. "

http://media.www.avionnewspaper.com/med ... 3264.shtml

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:23 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Hey I'm not trying to bring anybody down or wish anybody away. This will be my 4th Wanee and every year it seems to double. The only down year (peeps wise) was 08' when Gregg Allman had Hep C., but that year was great because there was maybe 3.500 peeps. Last year I'd have to guess close to 10k on Sat. and that was a lot, so 20k will be adventurous. It's all good :)

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

It's relative, I agree fewer is better for the vibe, but Wanee and bonnaroo are both held at 700 acre areas...roo 80,000+ is a zoo! 20,000 will be a lot for Wanee, but with this lineup, no one's gonna harsh my good times vibe!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:37 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Gnome

Wow :D Whos ready to boogie?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:55 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

will have to do some serious planning once the schedule is announced.

i know where i will be Fri and Sat nights at 630pm. 8-)

when is the schedule announced anyway?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Alex wrote:
Hey I'm not trying to bring anybody down or wish anybody away. This will be my 4th Wanee and every year it seems to double. The only down year (peeps wise) was 08' when Gregg Allman had Hep C., but that year was great because there was maybe 3.500 peeps. Last year I'd have to guess close to 10k on Sat. and that was a lot, so 20k will be adventurous. It's all good :)

:o 17,000 last year..........

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:38 am Profile
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next