Last visit was: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:54 am It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:54 am

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cap on ticket sales 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Cap on ticket sales
bamajammer wrote:
I know I have not been on the fourm long, but from what I see there is alot of bitching on here. Is it because you dont want people to find out about this awsome festival? God for bid some new people come and enjoy themselves. I mean really guys the reason I love Wanee so much is the community and the music and if 20,000 people come so be it. Whats wrong with making some room for people who enjoy the same things you do. It just really upsets me how negative some people are on here. Enjoy life we can make room for others its called sharing.

WTF would someone log into a forum for a particular festival, go on there and say that they are not going. The same folks have said that last year wasn't that good HAHAHAh. That is ridiculous!!! hey Bama, i hope they don't go!! and I don't care if there are 50,000 people there. I will be going!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:30 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

If Bonnaroo and Wanee facilities are similar in size, why is there a feeling that 20,000 would put the festival past capacity?

Is there a lot of space at SOS that can not be camped on?

I have never been.

It won't matter. I'm gonna have a great time.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:05 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Deac wrote:
If Bonnaroo and Wanee facilities are similar in size, why is there a feeling that 20,000 would put the festival past capacity?

Is there a lot of space at SOS that can not be camped on?

I have never been.

It won't matter. I'm gonna have a great time.

There are giant fields that could probably hold 100,000 people. The stage areas are not big enough though. 20,000 will be just fine.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 am Profile
Wanee Lover

There are giant fields that could probably hold 100,000 people. The stage areas are not big enough though. 20,000 will be just fine.

I agree LTS, even at the peak you can get close enough to the stage if you want. I have been to outdoor shows where you couldn't get within 50 yards of the front, and that was for 1 band!!!! Look at what we are getting!!!

Sure smaller would be easier but something as great as Wanee is only going to grow, if not from the bands playing,then from word of mouth. I say bring it on and make the best of it, its gonna take more than a few thousand potential new friends to spoil Wanee for me!!!

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 am Profile
Wanee Fan

bamajammer wrote:
Is it because you dont want people to find out about this awsome festival?

There is a reason once cool festivals like Bonnaroo became retarded, and it does have to do with popularity and the response to that popularity. For any really cool festival it seems inevitable though.

I moved beyond this last year. It seemed huge to me last year compared to the really chill first year. I'm just going to wade through the chaos until the festival becomes unhip in a couple years and settles down again :)

Fear not friends, I suspect we may be at the top of the bell curve

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 am Profile
Wanee Lover

i have a great time at wanee.......with no fear....period.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:48 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I'm with Wavo!!

it's all goooood

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:53 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

With the lineup being this cool.....There's no way Wanee could be anything but great! Crowded yes, but as long as it is a good crowd, which these bands always draw, then it will all be good!
No fears...no worries...no negative vibes at all. Just anticipation of an awesome time with kick ass music and wonderful peeps!
:D ;)

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:55 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Hey, you know what they say about opinions!

I've been every year and everyone is right. The first year was very laid back b/c you could actually take a shower and show up at most acts and get to the front fairly easily.

Last year was much more crowded. All you had to do was plan a little better. And don't forget the damn rain made it a little harder to get around too.

This year is gonna be awesome. I just wish I was leaving for the SOSMP next week.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:57 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

The main reason for this thread was to motivate any of our friends who are as of yet undecided to hurry up and get their tickets. Frankly, I was a bit surprised when Michelle at Live Nation thought the cap on tickets was 20K. Like Owl said
It's All Good. 8-)

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:59 am Profile
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2