Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 pm

[ 753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 76  Next
 FUUUUUUURRRRRRRRKKKKKK!!! 
Wanee Master

Post Re: FUUUUUUURRRRRRRRKKKKKK!!!
Rivernole wrote:
School starts here next week....how about yours TYS?
My wife says she is swamped.....(School Psychologist)....

Teachers today, students next Tuesday.

We'll be ready, but there is -- seriously -- an epidemic of students nationally who are content to sit in a class or classes and do NOTHING. I had seniors last year who HAD to pass my class to graduate, and some of them did no work at all. And did not graduate. I really have no idea what they think the future holds for them.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:54 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

My school starts every day......only 3 more years and then they can kiss my.....shoes as I walk out the doors for the last time!!!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Rivernole wrote:
School starts here next week....how about yours TYS?
My wife says she is swamped.....(School Psychologist)....

We started last Wednesday. :shock:

This is the first year that I was actually psyched for my kids to go back to school. Now that Jason's gone for weeks at a time, we need some more structure (and for somebody to tire them out during the day :shock: ).

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:45 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Makes sense. We'll do the best we can to wear them out!

My fellow teachers -- get ready!

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:40 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Last day of Furk this week as I'm taking tomorrow off to go see Slightly Stoopid in Cocoa 8-)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:35 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

You teachers have my unending respect. Best wishes for a good year and for the admin people to not drive you crazy. I am quite certain that that is their primary objective.

Ferinstance:

My wife works at our local middle school. Been there nearly ten years... three as a volunteer, and a paid position for the last six. All that time, she has worked in the media center as an assistant to the librarian.

Now this middle school, it's the bottom of the barrel in the county. It gets all the kids bussed in from the ghetto... lots of discipline problems. Of course, there are also lots of great kids too, but it has more than the usual share of problem kids. Plus, the principal has decided to take on those kids who have been kicked out of *other* schools due to behavior problems. Kids who otherwise are in & out of jail / juvie centers. Kids who have failed eighth grade three times running, and are well into their teens and twice the size of the sixth graders coming in. Scary, some of them.

As one might guess, the aggregate scores for the school are not good. Matter of fact, they flat out suck. So for this year, the principal has decided to close the media center. This of course makes absolutely ZERO sense, but no reasonable explanation has yet been offered. My wife was not issued keys for her normal work area (the media center), and she will be in the admin / support office this year. They have told her she is forbidden from entering the media center. Forbidden!! An AP had a meltdown yesterday when she overheard my wife merely talking about the media center. Of course, my wife starts about a week ahead of the kids, to get all manner of stuff ready for them. Such discussions are essential.

I've advised her to find a way to take this all in stride, and just do her best, day by day.

My wife: have I mentioned that she is a saint? Cuz she is ...

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:

For real!!

Stuff like this blows my mind. :evil:

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:36 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I love waking up on a work day knowing that I don't have to go in 8-)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:02 am Profile
Wanee Master

beach bob wrote:
You teachers have my unending respect. Best wishes for a good year and for the admin people to not drive you crazy. I am quite certain that that is their primary objective.

Ferinstance:

My wife works at our local middle school. Been there nearly ten years... three as a volunteer, and a paid position for the last six. All that time, she has worked in the media center as an assistant to the librarian.

Now this middle school, it's the bottom of the barrel in the county. It gets all the kids bussed in from the ghetto... lots of discipline problems. Of course, there are also lots of great kids too, but it has more than the usual share of problem kids. Plus, the principal has decided to take on those kids who have been kicked out of *other* schools due to behavior problems. Kids who otherwise are in & out of jail / juvie centers. Kids who have failed eighth grade three times running, and are well into their teens and twice the size of the sixth graders coming in. Scary, some of them.

As one might guess, the aggregate scores for the school are not good. Matter of fact, they flat out suck. So for this year, the principal has decided to close the media center. This of course makes absolutely ZERO sense, but no reasonable explanation has yet been offered. My wife was not issued keys for her normal work area (the media center), and she will be in the admin / support office this year. They have told her she is forbidden from entering the media center. Forbidden!! An AP had a meltdown yesterday when she overheard my wife merely talking about the media center. Of course, my wife starts about a week ahead of the kids, to get all manner of stuff ready for them. Such discussions are essential.

I've advised her to find a way to take this all in stride, and just do her best, day by day.

This is positively insane... and absolutely believable. Administrators must get lobotomies. They forget entirely what it is like to be in the classroom.

And I'm dreaming of that day, jensen B!!!!!

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:37 am Profile
Wanee Master

I really DO need to do a bunch of stuff, since school starts tomorrow.

Which, obviously, is why I am instead on the forum.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 am Profile
 [ 753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 76  Next