Last visit was: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:23 am It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:23 am

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 **The Thread for All Things Phish Tour-Summer 2016 Edition** 
Wanee Veteran

Post **The Thread for All Things Phish Tour-Summer 2016 Edition**
This is the thread for all things Phish summer tour 2016! What shows are you going to? What was your favorite version of song X? What are you hoping to hear at your shows? How are the veggie burritos in the lot this year? Crazy bustout-post it here!

PS-I post this every year and its pretty much just me and I think Rev posting in here, but I'm going to continue to keep doing it!

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: **The Thread for All Things Phish Tour-Summer 2016 Editi
I'll start. Tour starts tonight, super pumped and hope to get a good quality couch tour stream since they aren't Live Phish broadcasting it. Calling a PYITE opener, but a Tube tour opener would be sick.

I'm doing the Mann-> SPAC 5 show run. Super pumped for it. Just secured the last of my tickets, and hotel rooms booked. Camping it at SPAC. Looking forward to it all. See y'all in the lot at the Mann!

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:04 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Well the boys came out and played a pretty standard first show of the tour.......JUST KIDDING. They killed it, bust out central.

Notes: This show featured multiple bustouts: Pigtail (last played December 28, 2010, or 195 shows), Daniel Saw the Stone (last played June 30, 2012, or 140 shows). Dear Prudence (last played October 31, 1994, or 796 shows), Round Room (last played January 1, 2011, or 192 shows), Uncle Pen (last played Augst 31, 2012, or 123 shows), I Found a Reason (Velvet Underground, last played 10/31/98), Billy Breathes (last played 7/30/14). Favorite Jams: Weekapauq Groove and Ghost (the version of Ghost was fairly short but had some really interesting type II jamming).

Wrigley up next!

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:29 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Nice! I hope to catch a webcast soon. How/where did you find the webcast? :D :D :D

Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

ReverendHugh wrote:
Nice! I hope to catch a webcast soon. How/where did you find the webcast? :D :D :D

Free streams on hoodstream.com. Usually only 1 or 2 options there and they may or may not be active each night. One was active last night and was fantastic quality, sounded SBD to be honest with you, although I think it was just a really good taper.

Mixlr also tends to have several streams for any show but they are more difficult to find. What I sometimes do is head over to the antsmarching.org forum, they have a very active Phish discussion thread, and there are usually people posting Mixlr links.

The above are audio only. The Wrigley shows this weekend have official video streams on LivePhish but it's a bit pricey ($15 SD, I think $25 HD). It's pricey but I've done it before and it's a top notch stream of great quality.

Good luck and enjoy the shows! Making it to any in person?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:25 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
...Good luck and enjoy the shows! Making it to any in person?

Not sure yet. I hope one day to see them (or anyone) at The Gorge in George, Washington. Have you ever been there?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:52 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

ReverendHugh wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
...Good luck and enjoy the shows! Making it to any in person?

Not sure yet. I hope one day to see them (or anyone) at The Gorge in George, Washington. Have you ever been there?

No and it's definitely on my bucket list. I actually have the time off to make it there for the Phish shows this year and I really wanted to but my gf vetoed that and wanted to go to Key West instead. So the gorge stays on the bucket list for now.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:24 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

We're queued up to see them at Lockn'! Hoping for a night of Trey with Bobby, Mickey, and Billy too!

Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:57 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
We're queued up to see them at Lockn'! Hoping for a night of Trey with Bobby, Mickey, and Billy too!

That would be sick . Has a Billy project been announced yet for LockN?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:13 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

First of two shows at Wrigley kicks off tonight. Video stream on LivePhish for anyone interested.

Lots of hype on the Phan message boards about these shows. First trip to Wrigley ever for the band, and has to be one of the biggest non-festival venues they've played in the 3.0 era.

My guess is more standard hits tonight, but much more jamming. I think 1-2 bust outs would be a win, feel they set the bar exceedingly high with the tour opnener, and hope people don't have the expectation that you need half a dozen bust outs to make a great show because that's not the case!

Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:28 pm Profile
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next