Last visit was: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:02 pm It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:02 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 WALMART ADDY!!!! 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: WALMART ADDY!!!!
Please pass (or pizz) on wal mart
Wal-Mart Collapses
U.S. Cities and Towns
by Richard Freeman

During the last 20 years, Wal-Mart has moved into communities and destroyed them, wiping out stores, slashing the tax base, and turning downtown areas into ghost-towns. This is accomplished through Wal-Mart's policy of paying workers below subsistence wages, and importing goods that have been produced under slave-labor conditions overseas. Often, communities will even give Wal-Mart tax incentives, for the right to be destroyed.

Wal-Mart both reflects, and is, a major driving force for America's deadly implementation of the Imperial Rome model. Unable to produce physical goods to sustain its own existence, the United States, like Rome, sucks in imported goods from around the world, using, in this case, a dollar that is over-valued by 50-60%. America has been transformed from a producer to a consumer society. From the 1940s through the early 1960s, through its technologically-advanced manufacturing-agricultural economy, America produced new value that contributed to mankind's advancement. Through a "post-industrial society" policy, the bankers have pushed Wal-Mart to the top of the heap, so that it is now the world's largest corporation, with $245.5 billion in sales last year. Wal-Mart, which produces no value-added whatsoever, dominates the geometry that governs the U.S. consumer society. America consumes goods that others produce, which Wal-Mart markets. Wal-Mart dictates, through its demand for low prices, that its suppliers outsource their production to foreign nations, further ripping down America's battered domestic manufacturing and agricultural capability, in a self-feeding process.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

United States Empire "jumped the shark" after the grassy knoll! It's just now that the MIC feels secure enough to openly mock the majority by saying..."we will let you elect Obama, then we will castrate him."

the deficit explodes...the dollar dives...things valued in dollars (gold/oil) rise sharply...this thing ain't over by a long shot!

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:43 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Lover

I have to jump in on this one...but try to avoid the politics. The PBS special that skewered Walmart was right here in my hometown of Ashland VA (http://www.pbs.org/itvs/storewars/story.html). The small businesses that were here before Walmart are mostly still here. The ones that went out of business were not competitors of Walmart products.

I shop there regularly and know many of the employees. I ask them regularly about the pay and conditions and everyone I have asked has given a positive response. They do have good prices but I prefer some products from other stores (antibiotic and hormone free meats, in particular).

I value my own experiences to those quoted on the mainstream media or web sites.

The politics of the source of the products is another matter that is indicative of a much larger problem. Not just Walmart, but the whole nation.

I worked in manufacturing for 27 years until my job was sent to China. The 3 vehicles I own were all made in the USA by USA companies. (I'm not judging anyone else on this). It is virtually impossible to buy electronics made in the USA. I have to stop here to keep the politics out of this post and I have great friends that are all over the political spectrum. It's all a matter of your personal experience and your information sources.

Peace to all!

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:57 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2