Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Camping Suggestions? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Camping Suggestions?
Good Lords Willing we are coming thursday after work..... i hope i can find a good campsite ,, any suggestions from the Wanee Pros: as to where we should primitive camp?? :D :D

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:39 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Camping Suggestions?
Hey BC,
The entire park is a great place to camp :D each area will have its own unique charm and beauty. If getting there on Thursday afternoon, its really depends on how much space you will need for your group. If its a small group, drive around a little and check out the park. If you have a larger group, find space quick as everyone will be eager to set up and you may have to camp further out. But really, there are no bad spots in park :D
See ya soon!

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:09 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Just like happy camper said, there is not a bad spot to camp at the park. You cant pinpoint a location that would be best for folks getting there late thursday or after. Drive around the park a little bit, check out camping by the lake, down river road, and everywhere in between. Its all fair game unless it is a numbered site, you will find a great spot I promise.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:00 am Profile
Site Admin

My addition is to make sure you check out some of the topics in the 1st Timers section at the top. Marking your campsite the 1st night might save some grief. A possible scenario - you are sitting there at your site that you just got set up right after dark and you hear some jams that the breeze is blowing your way and start to walk towards them. You sit and party with those folks for a bit and then hear something else calling your name and head that way. Before you know it you've wandered through the park and run into the river clear at the other end. Many tents look the same in the dark so do something unique to your area. A lantern burning on low will last many hours and is what we used our 1st couple of years prim camping.

Being somewhat familiar with the map will help also. In the past the road by the mushroom stage is closed to vehicle traffic while a group is playing which means you'll have to take back roads to access many of the areas that will have spots left. With the kick-off at 3 on Thursday you might run into this situation and the red lines by the horse camping area point out the turns.

If you get there after dark on Thursday you might set up just the basics in case you find a better spot Friday morning in the light. Setting up by the "bat cave" in the dark might mean less bugs at night but will likely leave some additional residue on your camping gear. :lol:

Like the others have said - everywhere is good - it's all in what you make of it.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:52 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I appreciate everyones advice!! Its just 2 of us so i think we will be in good shape...Its getting CLOSER!!...Cant Wait. gonna be fun!!

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

camping by the river is a little quieter, by a long walk. I've been to every Wanee and I always camp to the right of the stage area. You can still hear the music when you have to "chill" be the campsite.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Set up a tent in front of the Peach stage!!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:19 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

And leave yer chairs there!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

liketosmoke wrote:
Set up a tent in front of the Peach stage!!!
GratefulDem wrote:
And leave yer chairs there!

I'll bring the canopy

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

If you've got any ladies in your group....I do suggest knowing where the bathrooms are BEFORE pitching your tent!! ;)

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:36 pm Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next