Last visit was: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:59 am It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:59 am

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bobby Lee Rodgers 
Wanee Veteran

Post Bobby Lee Rodgers
Wow, takes alot to make me post! I went to see an old friend tonight, Donna Hopkins, and there was this giant man on stage with her. His name was Bobby Lee. Music like liquid gold to my ears. :o :) :P
Make sure his band is on your list of "Bands to see" this year at :D :D :D
Wanee Wanee Wanee

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:30 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Bobby Lee Rodgers
atlanta hippie wrote:
Wow, takes alot to make me post! I went to see an old friend tonight, Donna Hopkins, and there was this giant man on stage with her. His name was Bobby Lee. Music like liquid gold to my ears. :o :) :P
Wanee Wanee Wanee

:) I have to agree, wholeheartedly, and I sure wish Donna was gonna be down there, too ! Donna, Bobby Lee, Dodd Ferrell, and the Packway Handle Band played an Americana Music Fest, at Tybee Island this past fall. It was ill-attended, basically, a whole assload of folks missed a great show.
But, I must ask you, this : I see them listed as playing this place called Zuffy's, up here in Atlanta, yet, every other time I drive by the place, it looks closed. Do they, indeed, play there, and do they draw any kind of crowd ?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:10 am Profile
Wanee Pro

He is on my must see list. I've shamefully missed him too many times.

I've listened to a lot of his music "online" with the Code Talkers and BLR 3. Now it's time to show him some love in person.

Yeah, he's with Donna at Zuffy's every Tuesday. It's only 30miutes from me but Tuesday - ugh!

Cool article with BLR mention.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrac ... e-the-00s/

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:22 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

kindbuddyrow wrote:
atlanta hippie wrote:
Wanee Wanee Wanee

:) I have to agree, wholeheartedly, and I sure wish Donna was gonna be down there, too ! Donna, Bobby Lee, Dodd Ferrell, and the Packway Handle Band played an Americana Music Fest, at Tybee Island this past fall. It was ill-attended, basically, a whole assload of folks missed a great show.
But, I must ask you, this : I see them listed as playing this place called Zuffy's, up here in Atlanta, yet, every other time I drive by the place, it looks closed. Do they, indeed, play there, and do they draw any kind of crowd ?

Last night Travis Tritt's guitarist, Cox, was playing with them. The parking lot was full but Donna had a light crowd. I was loud enough for 10 people to make up for it. No cover, just free GREAT music. She has the ability to get just about anyone to join in with her to play. I love her voice and soul guitar blues. But this Bobby Lee can play and like I said before...Liquid Gold.... :D ...Don't miss this show at
Wanee 2010 :P

p&l

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:12 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Yes, he is on my list to see as well - does anyone know who he is playing with?

I saw that Glide Mag top 10 list last week...Bobby Lee was really the only musician that the writer actually gushed over. Pretty cool, I'd say!

Looking forward to experiencing Wanee for the first time!!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:30 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Yes! Bobby Lee Rodgers is the man! I won't miss his show. IMO he is one of the best songwriters of today. He is amazing! Love his voice, playing skills, and like I said his songs are the best.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:55 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I saw somewhere that he will open the Peach stage both Friday and Saturday at noon.

Just a heads up...........

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:12 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

GratefulDem wrote:
I saw somewhere that he will open the Peach stage both Friday and Saturday at noon.

Just a heads up...........

That would be way Cool - Wake up call with BLR :D

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I heard the kickoff sets were at 10:30, not noon. I hope what I heard was wrong! Noon is just so much better!

Just saw on http://www.bobbyleerodgers.com that he's playing JB & Friends/Hannah's Buddies this weekend, too! Kind of a Wanee teaser, since everyone on the JB lineup will be at Wanee...

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:59 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Maybe so Eves....but it has always been noon.

Hannahs should be sweet this Saturday.
We're bringing a crew of 7!

Gotta teach the kids, you know.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:36 pm Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next