Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 pm

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 folding chairs , people, and isles 
Wanee Gnome

Post folding chairs , people, and isles
Hey Guys and Gals!!
This is Big Country comin at ya with some thoughts on our upcoming Wanee Fest 2010

Last year was my first Wanee Fest experience, and overall was a good one! :D

I would say the one thing that could be improved on was the isles , at the Main Concert Stage!! :(

Here it was last year,, lots of folded empty chairs,,,so you couldnt get in that location,,, im cool with that,,,,,but please do come back before the Allmans go on stage, thats just to me taking up space that a fan could use before midnite!! :D :D

Also the folding chairs versus people........people versus folding chairs was getting a little more heated as the night grew!! And I understand both sides ...people need room to walk ,and people also need a little space.... at times it was frustrating for me to constantly have the line keep passing right in front of my chair and small space...... i think it would be a good thing this year to have beter established isles and walking space, Its not cool to see people being upset just because there walking beside them,, but hey when you dont have a line to walk by ,,,you make one.. Did anyone else experience this ,or have a solution?? please share it with me,,, and MAYBE it will get to one of the Wanee officials for a smoother human traffic flow!!
:D

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:00 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: folding chairs , people, and isles
folding chairs suck !! :roll:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

RawneeVanFant wrote:
folding chairs suck !! :roll:

What he said

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

No folding chairs after 6 pm. And any time before then has to be behind the taping section.

I'm all for everyone's personal space, and I understand not everyone can stand the whole time, but you gotta leave the front for the dancers.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

no chairs in front of the sbd - period. get off your ass and dance :D

"Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream. Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream."

-Bob Dylan

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

chairs are for a movie

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:28 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I just hope folk dont leave empty chairs as a way to hold space....

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:01 am Profile
Wanee Fan

There is plenty of room for both chairs and dancing. I am at that stage all day so the chair definately makes it more comfortable. When the music starts I'm on my feet in front of my chair, what's the freakin' problem??? If I leave to head to the mushroom stage, chair goes with me.

Using empty chairs to hold your space up front is a total party foul. Don't do it! Either take your chairs with you or leave someone to watch your spot.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:26 am Profile
Wanee Fan

This whole chair people vs. dancing people is kind of ridiculous :roll: If I get up front first and I have a chair so be it, but I can't and won't complain if someone is standing up in front of me dancing.

JEEZE, its a concert can't we all just get along?

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:29 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Big Country wrote:
Hey Guys and Gals!!.... the folding chairs versus people........people versus folding chairs was getting a little more heated as the night grew!! And I understand both sides ...people need room to walk ,and people also need a little space.... at times it was frustrating for me to constantly have the line keep passing right in front of my chair and small space...... i think it would be a good thing this year to have beter established isles and walking space, Its not cool to see people being upset just because there walking beside them,, but hey when you dont have a line to walk by ,,,you make one.. Did anyone else experience this ,or have a solution?? please share it with me,,, and MAYBE it will get to one of the Wanee officials for a smoother human traffic flow!!
:D

General Admission seating or standing/dancing. No debate. Concert/festival etiquette Required 8-) 8-) 8-)

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:38 am Profile WWW
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next