Last visit was: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm




 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mountain Jam inquiry 
Author Message
Wanee Lover

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 1247
Post Mountain Jam inquiry
Yes yes I know this forum is for Wanee but seeing as how I know there are peeps on here that have been to MJ before and live up there I need to call upon the experts. :)

After seeing the newly added artists I think I am going to try and make this show. Anyone know how I could quickly and cost effectively get from either White Plains NY airport to Hunter Mountain or a NY airport like JFK or Laguardia to Hunter Mountain? I found a bus link through the mountain jam website that looked decent but I am not familiar enough with the area to know if Woodstock is close to Hunter Mountain etc. etc. etc. Lots of variables that I don't know with this festy. Anyone care to share insight? Would most apprecaite it.


Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:03 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:25 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Mountain Jam inquiry
Woodstock to Hunter Mountain is about an hour away by car. Amtrack doesn't stop at Hunter Mountain, and I'm not sure about Greyhound.

I can only imagine that you would have to fly in and then rent a car. :(

Do you have any friends in the area that are going that you could ride with?

_________________
Image Image


Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:26 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 8907
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: Mountain Jam inquiry
CMama, I live about 70 minutes away from Hunter Mt.. We don't camp at the the Mt. do to it's a ski Mt. and you are on a hill plus you can't park next to your camp site. However, we camp just down the street (at North South Lake) 15 minutes away. We are leaving to the campsite on Thursday, if you can get to Albany Airport we might be able to hook for the show. I have a site and can add 2 people but I don't have the tent gear. PM me if you are intrested in that?

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:52 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 8907
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: Mountain Jam inquiry
:D :D :D

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:36 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 9:39 pm
Posts: 1023
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Post Re: Mountain Jam inquiry
Calypsomamma wrote:
Yes yes I know this forum is for Wanee but seeing as how I know there are peeps on here that have been to MJ before and live up there I need to call upon the experts. :)

After seeing the newly added artists I think I am going to try and make this show. Anyone know how I could quickly and cost effectively get from either White Plains NY airport to Hunter Mountain or a NY airport like JFK or Laguardia to Hunter Mountain? I found a bus link through the mountain jam website that looked decent but I am not familiar enough with the area to know if Woodstock is close to Hunter Mountain etc. etc. etc. Lots of variables that I don't know with this festy. Anyone care to share insight? Would most apprecaite it.




CMomma!!! I am more then likely going, like 99% sure! I live about 10minutes from JFK airport and you are more then welcome to fly in and ride up with me and my friend Meredith! We are going to camp on-site and not in VIP! So let me know if you are interested!!! Defitnitly the more the merrier!!! :)

_________________
Where are my Badgers? LMAO!!!!!!!!! I <3 my Wanee Family


Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:25 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:25 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Mountain Jam inquiry
If it's just you I can accomodate that (I drive a little truck), but you would have to ride up and stay the night with all my hippie friends the day before. That might not be the most ideal situation for you. I could prob round up some camping gear. There is a spot that I camped last year that wasn't in VIP that I want again - on flat ground. So, we're going to try to post up there. You are more than welcome to crash in our tent if we get set up there.

This goes for all of you. :D

_________________
Image Image


Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:29 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 9:39 pm
Posts: 1023
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Post Re: Mountain Jam inquiry
yeah I got a super big tent! sleeps 10 (went a little overkill with the purchase last year) Got a nice canopy (says wamu, haha! - ganked that badboy when we went out of business) Got a couple of folding chairs, fan, flashlight and some other stuff. We could totally set up a little hippie city! :)

_________________
Where are my Badgers? LMAO!!!!!!!!! I <3 my Wanee Family


Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:31 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 8907
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: Mountain Jam inquiry
belloefelice wrote:
yeah I got a super big tent! sleeps 10 (went a little overkill with the purchase last year) Got a nice canopy (says wamu, haha! - ganked that badboy when we went out of business) Got a couple of folding chairs, fan, flashlight and some other stuff. We could totally set up a little hippie city! :)


Who luggs that up the hill? :lol: :lol:

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:33 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:25 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Mountain Jam inquiry
Dartdog82 wrote:
belloefelice wrote:
yeah I got a super big tent! sleeps 10 (went a little overkill with the purchase last year) Got a nice canopy (says wamu, haha! - ganked that badboy when we went out of business) Got a couple of folding chairs, fan, flashlight and some other stuff. We could totally set up a little hippie city! :)


Who luggs that up the hill? :lol: :lol:


I'm not camping on the side of the mountain. That's for g-d sure!

_________________
Image Image


Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:34 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 9:39 pm
Posts: 1023
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Post Re: Mountain Jam inquiry
libarchiver wrote:
If it's just you I can accomodate that (I drive a little truck), but you would have to ride up and stay the night with all my hippie friends the day before. That might not be the most ideal situation for you. I could prob round up some camping gear. There is a spot that I camped last year that wasn't in VIP that I want again - on flat ground. So, we're going to try to post up there. You are more than welcome to crash in our tent if we get set up there.

This goes for all of you. :D



you said you found a place not in VIP on flat ground???

_________________
Where are my Badgers? LMAO!!!!!!!!! I <3 my Wanee Family


Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 pm Profile WWW
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Google [Bot], Linkdex (SEO bot), Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.