Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:01 pm It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:01 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Golf Carts 
Wanee Pro

Post Golf Carts
Can someone tell me more about golf carts?

Can you bring your own??

Do they get messed with?
Are they a target to be flipped over or hot-wired?

Can you bring a bike?

What about an ATV?

thanks y'all
everyone have a good week!

-dang

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:34 pm Profile
Site Admin

Post Re: Golf Carts
dangfunky wrote:
Can someone tell me more about golf carts?
Sold out

Can you bring your own??
From SOSMP GOLF CART RENTALS "Visit the Country Store to rent a golf cart and enjoy the sights of the park at a more leisurely pace. You can also bring your own golf cart for a fee and proof of insurance, or become a member of the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park and bring your golf cart at no charge. All golf carts must have a current park registration and are subject to all Florida motor vehicle laws."

Do they get messed with?
Are they a target to be flipped over or hot-wired?
I've heard a few stories of stolen carts which were found later after the joyrider forgot where he/she parked it. Not a major issue but a cart-jack might help.

Can you bring a bike?
Many are there every year. The link above covers bikes also.

What about an ATV?
No. ATV's are not SOSMP friendly. Buzzkill.

thanks y'all
everyone have a good week!
Same to you except more of it. :D

-dang

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:06 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

You can bring your own golf cart, but be prepared to show proof of insurance and also to pay them a $100 fee to have your own there.

I would DEFINITELY bring a steering wheel lock to make it impossible for someone to take your cart. ALL EZGO golf cart keys work in ALL EZGO golf carts! And of course, take your key with you when you leave (and lock) your cart. Carts have been stolen at this park, not just for joyrides either......

They do not allow ATV's on the property.

SOTSMP does rent carts, but they changed their policy this year about not renting til the event is actually happening and took advanced reservations this year (to our surprise). All the carts were rented by the time we called almost 1.5 months ago. They MAY have some more available once folks arrive, but you may have to get there Wednesday to get any, if they have extras brought in. Always worth asking, though! Just go to the Country Store and ask.......

Good luck and have FUN! Bikes are permitted, just not in the venue areas (i don't think) and i would definitely bring a lock for them as well.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

ecosense wrote:
You can bring your own golf cart, but be prepared to show proof of insurance and also to pay them a $100 fee to have your own there.

I would DEFINITELY bring a steering wheel lock to make it impossible for someone to take your cart. ALL EZGO golf cart keys work in ALL EZGO golf carts! And of course, take your key with you when you leave (and lock) your cart. Carts have been stolen at this park, not just for joyrides either......

They do not allow ATV's on the property.

SOTSMP does rent carts, but they changed their policy this year about not renting til the event is actually happening and took advanced reservations this year (to our surprise). All the carts were rented by the time we called almost 1.5 months ago. They MAY have some more available once folks arrive, but you may have to get there Wednesday to get any, if they have extras brought in. Always worth asking, though! Just go to the Country Store and ask.......

Good luck and have FUN! Bikes are permitted, just not in the venue areas (i don't think) and i would definitely bring a lock for them as well.

THIS!!! We've had ours 'borrowed' 2 times...never, ever forget to lock it and take the key with you, not hide it. You still have to park outside the gate but depending on where you are camped it still saves you alot of walking!

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:11 am Profile
Wanee Lover

How much is the insurance on golf carts?

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:17 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Call my silly but.......how do you lock up a golf cart???!! :roll:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am Profile
Wanee Lover

this all sounds sooo hard!! How about going to old-fashion way...walking!! So much better for you as long as you don't fall over which has happen to me before, but you just pull yourself up (if you can) and keep walking.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

My sister in-law called about golf carts and they told her that no carts from the outside can be brought in to Wanee. I don't know why, I know that SOSP says that you can but Wanee says no

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:43 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

^^^^

this contradicts what has been in the past. If you want to bring one I'd call again.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:44 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I'd bet somebody at Live Nation was talking out their butt. It seems to me to the campground's call, not the promoter.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next