Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:13 am It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:13 am

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Philly people 
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: Philly people
:shock: Since Philly is so bad..hmmm let's see where should I start...Dick Clark, lived in Philly, he applied for a job @ a TV station there that my father managed at age21 mind you (the youngest ever to manage a tv station at that time!)and was NOT(Dick) qualified enough for the position..hence he fell into American Bandstand...but you probably are too young to know what that was?My dad was raised there and he turned out not too bad and is probably more successful business wise then you or I would ever dream to be?And he used to haul groceries in his wagon for little old ladies for 5cents a load from the A&P!!So he is a SELF made media magnet!!! The U of Penn has one of the top VET colleges in the US!! Plus they( not the vet )UofPA saved my life as an infant! It is a big city and yes it doesn't have the best aroma (due to the oil refineries etc...) but I flew into Philly every summer of my life to visit gparents before going to the shore with other gparents and I could go for a Phillycheesesteak & and Ice cold Birch beer right now! Been to concerts there too and in the middle of 65k people everyone ws cool..So don't judge a book by its cover there guys A LOT OF GOOD has come from PHILLY!! JMO :D Congrats to the PHILLIES on the series last yr but still gotta go for my RAYS!!! Peace man it is called BROTHERLY LOVE and my dad is probably one of the NICEST dudes u could ever meet...He even knows Matt ABTS! He used to live here and likes him as did GREGG & DICKEY way too many more to mention...He would buy the food etc for big cookouts we had for the local bands now is that such a bad dude?He also used to put on local concerts here and had Bobby Rydell (another ole phiily guy) and there is a pic somewhere here of me as a kid in a pool with some dude with dark sunglasses & when I asked who it was It was ROY ORBISON!! Dad had here for a concert way back in the 60's!!

Last edited by Muleldy1 on Tue May 19, 2009 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 19, 2009 2:53 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Didn't have room to finish .. He (mydad) also was above a man called JOE SMITH??One of my dads best friends!!! Common name but he discovered Petula Clark, LULU, Linda Rondstat many others and YES he did sign the DOOBIE BROS to their first contract and the EAGLES way back in the begining too many others to mention but he was VP of Warner Bros., ARISTA,REPRISE,ASYLUM & ELECTRA RECORDS now ABC/Capital cities I think?? Anyhow, he was from Philly so if you liked any of those bands ...HMMMM... In fact when I was in LA for an ABC convention Joe's HUGE beautiful front doors to his home were a gift from the DOOBIES as a small gesture of Thanks to him for discovering and signing them!!! He must be a few yrs younger than my dad (84) still going strong...wish I could find the dam pics to prove this....haven't got time right now but I do have them!!! So PHILLY has produced some pretty dam productive people in my eyes??? LOSERS I THINK NOT!!What do you think????? Peace & LOVE Brotherly love that is!!!! :D

Last edited by Muleldy1 on Thu May 21, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 19, 2009 3:12 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Foo wrote:
crshhhhhhhh crshhhh....crshhhhhh.

Mafia?
LOL TRUE!!!!!!!!!HEY A---D--R---I--A--N !!! Sorry couldn't resist that one ....Yeah some real Phucked up people from PHILLY HUH!!!! Peace man :D

Tue May 19, 2009 3:37 am Profile
Wanee Master

Mule Lady, you are a class act, my dear... I like Philly. I went from The Dead shows to the art museum to see the Cezanne exhibit and met nice people from all walks of life in between. Shouldn't judge any book by its cover...

Tue May 19, 2009 3:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

;) AMEN Andie, It just kinda rubbed me the wrong way..I am too outspoken at times....but Love Philly,Jersey,NYC best shopping in my book and Philly really is a very educational city too!!!! And I can't handle people knocking stuff that IMO are not bad,,just had to put my two cents in... :roll: I don't talk this much in person so figure I would get it all out here :lol: :lol: I can't wait to meet you sister.....I love ya lady... And our other NEW sisters SISTERLY LOVE :lol: :lol:

Tue May 19, 2009 4:10 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

moemoney wrote:
Yo Mule - Blah, Blah, Blah
Sorry, I cannot read quite well enough to finish the dream you were having, but I do agree - Go Rays.
I went to Philly for the World Series and I had my kid. My kid and I got beer, hot dogs thrown all over us because were are not damn Philly fans. Loooosers

DUDE! Give it a rest.. stop hatin'.... this is a forum for music lovers and all things Wanee. If you have issues with Philly PLEASE take somewhere else. DON'T phuck the harmony here. PLEASE......LET IT GO.

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue May 19, 2009 7:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Ya see what I'm talking about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Peace

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Tue May 19, 2009 7:58 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Yeah I see. What we have to do as a community it NOT RESPOND TO HIM. Mule Lady is so nice. He picked the wrong person to be mean to. If someone insulted her in person like that, I'd feel sorry for them.

Any posts this guy makes: PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND. He will get bored and go away.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

i agree with what people are saying but i do feel obligated to say

I do see now why Moe hates philly. he obviously is a huge rays fan and his team lost to the philles. ok, some jerks at the game were mean to him and his son. the actions of a few shouldnt reflect people as a whole. there are a ton of cool, good people, regular peeps, who are kind, generous and thoughtful that are from philly or live there now.
but this forum is about music, good times and all kinds of other fun stuff. it shouldnt be about bashing someone because of wjere they are from.

besides....

Tue May 19, 2009 8:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Always ignore trolls

Tue May 19, 2009 9:01 am Profile
 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next