Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:50 pm It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:50 pm

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 security ?? 
Wanee Pro

Post security ??
Can some of the wanee vets around here explain the security....

It just seems from the vibe I keep hearing here and on places like jambase that security is way tight at this festival....

With Live Oak being a small town and governments everywhere hurtin for cash.....is this just gonna be a bunch of drama...??

I have never been to a festival where cops are walkin around in plain-clothes....it gives me creeps....

Do you spend the whole weekend lookin over your shoulder???

I am thinkin I dont need that kind of hassel and may sell my tiks? This festival sounds awesome but the law vibe has me skeetched...

can anyone elaborate? On Jambase they make this festival sound horrible due to the cops messin with everyone....

am I being paranoid???? :roll:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:16 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: security ??
the way I see it is, if you have ever been to a concert at amphitheatre or and indoor arena, there are always cops. hasn't stopped me from ever going. i may have never seen the allmans if that was the case.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:55 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Just my two cents..
Yes there is security, at an event like this there needs to be. There are sure to be some people that need to be controlled by police. :(
If you dont look for trouble chances are you wont find any.
Yes be careful and keep an eye on your surroundings, but I dont think you need to be all paranoid about it. If you are under the influence of something and walk by a law officer, smile and say hello he will probably smile back and tell you to have a nice day, if you bump into him and puke on his shoes, you are probably going to be in trouble! :lol: Common sense and respect for the law is the way to go. Dont worry, be happy and enjoy!!!!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I 've been to EVERY Waneefest and NEVER had any problems with Uncle Po Po. They are in the "Stage Area" and surrounds, but at the campsite you don't see them THAT often, but still, look around before yoy spark up...puff puff puff!!!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:54 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Are talking about these guys.......... Only saw them a couple times!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

mike12859 wrote:
Just my two cents..
Yes there is security, at an event like this there needs to be. There are sure to be some people that need to be controlled by police. :(
If you dont look for trouble chances are you wont find any.
Yes be careful and keep an eye on your surroundings, but I dont think you need to be all paranoid about it. If you are under the influence of something and walk by a law officer, smile and say hello he will probably smile back and tell you to have a nice day, if you bump into him and puke on his shoes, you are probably going to be in trouble! :lol: Common sense and respect for the law is the way to go. Dont worry, be happy and enjoy!!!!

:) I, heartily, concur, Mike. I'd just like to add that the SOSMP has given Live Oak an economic boost, every bit as much, if not more than the jai lai joint, down the road. Local law knows that, and, I think, to a degree, anyway, respects that, when it comes to laying down the law. Lets face it, even if your camp is next to one that gets busted, it's gonna dampen your time. Everybody would like for people to have a positive experience, so, they go easier than they could. Uniformed law is onhand, and so is , so-called, plain clothes. You can spot these guys five miles away ! Somebody has already described them better, on here, so, I'll pass on that, but, if you see a four-wheeler, BEWARE, because, only the law can ride them, down there. And, their golf carts are so f!*king square, they stand out like an "unmarked" car.
Fear ye not, my brother, it ain't Burning Man, but, it ain't a poe-leece state, either :D

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

PUFF,PUFF, PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON....

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:06 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Been to a few myself, with Trippin Tom no less, and he's right. I have never seen anyone getting hassled or even approached. The only way I ever heard about any incidents were right here on this forum. No sweat dude. Definitely don't sell your tickets to what is probably going to be the best festival in the country this year.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

right on my brother Alex, right on!!! R U ready for some Waneeeeeee!!!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:16 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

NCviper wrote:
Are talking about these guys.......... Only saw them a couple times!

Hey NC, I had a picture of the guy at the gate wearing Mardi Gras beads and big silly shades!I love those securiity guys!!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:56 pm Profile
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next