Last visit was: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:32 pm It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:32 pm

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 security ?? 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: security ??
You have the potential to get arrested for doing illegal things just as you do anywhere. I'm not going to lie, two of my friends got arrested at Wanee '05 for puffing at the campsite. :o s#%t happens.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

To mess with someone at a campsite is wrong & bad karma.....

I understand in front of the stage.....

So are these bastards walkin around lookin to pick off good people???

They are lickin their chops with wanee comin....

With panic multiplied by a poor economy .... I see them citations flowin freely.....

sorry to be negative...I just dont wanna see anyone get messed with...

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:08 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

It happens at every festival. I've been to all the big ones. There are plain clothes cops at every major festival. You should have seen the SWATT(wearing the black hockey mask types) guys at Langerado a few years back. We smoked, drank and did all sorts of things within eye shot of them. they were there looking for bigger fish..ie N20 mafia types. Just be cool and respect the fact they have a job to do. Like mike12859 said don't be paranoid.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

The best now is that Bonnaroo has DEA officers in uniform that search your car...

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

libarchiver wrote:
The best now is that Bonnaroo has DEA officers in uniform that search your car...

That's awesome. I can't imagine the friendly vibe and the additional safety felt with all those officers. :roll:

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 am Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Peach

I may have seen law enforcement once or twice last year, Though I did have a SOSMP employee point out to me a golf cart that had three plain clothes guys on it that he said were undercover. he told me to tell all of my friends that were smoking what they looked like because the park did not want anyone getting busted just for having fun.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Just don't get cocky and you won't get uh "burned". I saw these kids last year at Voodoo pull out this enormous glass pipe they bought from a vendor and proceed to pack a huge bowl and spark it 10 feet away and upwind from three NOLA po po. They were lucky that all they did was confiscate their pipe and goodies and let them go on their way! Of course, it was NOLA, not Live Oak but I think being smart and wary is key no matter where you are...especially in daylight.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:13 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I have never seen them mess with anyone for being loaded, just of getting loaded, stupidly for the most part. Just use some common sense and all will be fine.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

SEKURITY!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

sugarmegnolia wrote:
SEKURITY!

:) I never hear about festival security that I don't think about the original Woodstock Festival. The promoters hired a retired cop named Wes Pomeroy to pull together a security force. He was this crewcut, hatchet-headed guy who had worked previous events, and knew what was what. He flew out to Taos New Mexico and interviewed Wavy Gravy ( still, at that point, Hugh Romney ) and the Hog Farm commune. He asked Romney how he would handle security. "Oh, I'll tell people that I'm security, which means that I'm secure, and I'll ask them if they're secure, and, if they are, I'll give them a badge, too !" Then, when questioned about weapons for security, he answered, with a laugh "Weapons ? Why, seltzer bottles and creme pies !" Pomeroy hired them on the spot !
Wavy and the Hog Farm were the ONLY group of people who knew what a huge event it was going to be. When they were given a budget of $1100.00 for a free kitchen, they bought enough raw goods to make granola full of dried fruit and nuts. It filled many a hungry belly, and was GOOD for them. :mrgreen:

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:37 am Profile
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next