Last visit was: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:06 am It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:06 am

[ 5 posts ] 
 VIP camping! 
Wanee Gnome

Post VIP camping!
Does the $353 VIP ticket include camping or do I need to buy something additional?

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:05 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: VIP camping!
So for $353, I don't get a campsite? No where to pitch a tent unless I buy the 3 day camping ticket as well?

I plan on sleeping in my Honda Element while my friends will be driving in behind me and tent camping. I assume I can sleep in my car and I will be provided a space to park it. Can my friends camp at my car?

If I indeed am required to purches camping, does each person have to buy the camping ticket? My wife will be in the car with me and my two friends will be in a single tent so would we need to buy 2 camping packages or 4?

I'm confused and disappointed that the website isn't any clearer regarding all of this. I'm still having a really hard time believing that a spot to camp is not inclded in the price. A real buzzkill.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:40 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks f2.... that's what I wanted to hear.

I didn't expect some primo site to be held for me, I just wanted to know if I had a site at all. See you Thursday when the gates open!

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:48 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Just to make sure..... you camp next to your car, right?

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:49 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

No problem with your friends camping with you in one spot. You have as many as you can squeeze in. Its all covered in the ticket price anyway. I'll be camping in my Honda Element as well. I've got the cabana for over the tailgate this year. That should make it a bit nicer. Check the Element owners group for ways to add an inside handle for the rear tailgate.

As far as securing your stuff, I've never seen too many problems but then I camp with a large bunch of folks who help keep an eye on things. Just don't leave valuables out in plain sight and I think you'll be alright. For example, don't leave liquor bottles on the picnic table while away, no use tempting folks.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:31 pm Profile
 [ 5 posts ]