Last visit was: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:56 pm It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:56 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Best Concert/Festival You attended but can't remember 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Best Concert/Festival You attended but can't remember
Aerosmith with Terrible Ted Nugent opening. Sometime in the mid-80s at the Rosemont Horizon outside Chicago.

So high and whacked on various things that during Ted's opening set I almost had to bail from the concert. Problem was the arena was way out in the Chicago suburbs with no transportation back to the city. Luckily, I didn't drive but I knew my friends would want nothing to do with a whacked out guy blabbering gibberish and begging to leave. So I rode it out in a complete paranoid delusion that Ted Nugent and then Stephen Tyler and Joe Perry were trying to kill me. It was when Ted was wearing still wearing the loincloth which made the whole scene that much scarier.

That's about all I remember. Oh yeah - and that Stephen Tyler had a candlelabra on his piano during Dream On.

I look back on that evening and count it as reason #347 I am now clean and sober...

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Ummm....huh?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 am Profile
Wanee Master

SparkDog wrote:
Aerosmith with Terrible Ted Nugent opening. Sometime in the mid-80s at the Rosemont Horizon outside Chicago.

So high and whacked on various things that during Ted's opening set I almost had to bail from the concert. Problem was the arena was way out in the Chicago suburbs with no transportation back to the city. Luckily, I didn't drive but I knew my friends would want nothing to do with a whacked out guy blabbering gibberish and begging to leave. So I rode it out in a complete paranoid delusion that Ted Nugent and then Stephen Tyler and Joe Perry were trying to kill me. It was when Ted was wearing still wearing the loincloth which made the whole scene that much scarier.

That's about all I remember. Oh yeah - and that Stephen Tyler had a candlelabra on his piano during Dream On.

I look back on that evening and count it as reason #347 I am now clean and sober...

SparkDog, do you remember the show at RFK: Skynynd, Nugent, and Aerosmith "78"????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

I saw The Reverend Horton Heat in the early ninties. A friend of mine lost his shoes in the mosh pit and wanted me to go in there and help him find them. They said that I got in a confromtation with a skinhead and almost lost my life. This is what they said. I don't remember it.

I also saw Robin Trower at the famed International Ballroom. Actually, it was an old warehouse in a seedy part of Atlanta that has long since closed. I started doing shots at the bar the minute I got in and don't remeber much about the show.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:07 am Profile
Wanee Fan

GratefulDem wrote:
Ummm....huh?

Well said.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:32 am Profile
Wanee Pro

June 16, 1994 Pink Floyd, Cyclone Stadium, Ames, Iowa.
The Division Bell Tour.
I remember seeing lights and multiple David Gilmores, being yelled @ by my son for disappearing during their encore...

I am sure there were others...but I cannot remember.

jorge

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:03 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Dartdog82 wrote:
SparkDog, do you remember the show at RFK: Skynynd, Nugent, and Aerosmith "78"????

No - I didn't get to DC until 1988 and was there until 1999. Plenty of shows at RFK in that time, but my roots don't go back that far.

There comes a redeemer/and he slowly too fades away/There follows a wagon behind him/that's loaded with clay /and the seeds that were silent/all burst into bloom and decay/The night comes so quiet and it's close on the heels of the day

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:30 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Mt. Jam '09. It was my birthday. Damn John in the bar! Only time I've ever been hungover at festie.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

That's funny libarchiver. At every festival I've been to, I've felt hungover the entire time.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

i saw the Dead Weather in ATL last year and spent the majority of the opening band swilling beer and shooting Knobb Creek whiskey so i wouldnt have to buy drinks during the show, it backfired and i got obliterated and spent most of the Dead Weather show trying not to fall down. Sadly that led to me blowing a chance with a chick that wanted to sleep with me based solely on my accent and obviously i was spitting some fire game. But that never materialized.
I did redeem myself the next couple nights in charlotte at the ABB/WP shows with "Sunny" who i met the first night

Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:52 pm Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next