Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:07 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:07 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Best Concert/Festival You attended but can't remember 
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: Best Concert/Festival You attended but can't remember
Well it's funny because this kind of goes with another thread....but in the early 80's I saw REO and Survivor (yes "Eye of the Tiger"!)....to this day done remember hardly anything!! :lol:

I was F'ed up!!!!! :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:11 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

At least for me, getting greased on the cheap and in a hurry to save money in the venue should have been a clue. :twisted:

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:06 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I passed out at a Rush concert (Roll the Bones tour) in Pensacola. We drank for hours prior, and I just had too much. When they started on the more current stuff, I slipped into boredom and then unconsciousness. Fortunately, my friend bumped me awake in time for their classic medley.

The only time I ever approached such a state at another show was Gov't Mule in Tallahassee at the Moon, many years ago. For whatever reason, there were a lot of bikers there, and my friends got very worried when I lurched my way down to the floor to get a better look at the band. No harm came to me, though, and a good time was had by all.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:55 am Profile
Wanee Lover

It was the 4th of July 1976 (the Bicentennial) at Shea stadium. It was also the first time I tripped. We took something that was too strong and my friend and I passed out for about 8 hours. We completely missed Robin Trower and Rory Gallagher but woke up in time for Tull.

I was glad to wake up and realize that I was not actually dead. Ian Anderson scared the crap out of us though. We thought he was the devil!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:01 am Profile
Wanee Fan

see post # 242, DBT thread

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:05 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Little Feat, Let it Roll Tour, sometime in the late 80's.

stopped by my buddy Danger Dave's house pre show. ate what he gave me of the fungi varienty as did my buddies. got to venue (U of Tenn building) and got settled, opening band started (no idea who..think they were a one hit wonder ) and all hell started breaking loose. Friends couldn't handle it , one took off to head out and collapsed right at the entrance and was carted off into a room while they called the paramedics. Me and my buddy (the only 2 with their s#%t together) walked outside, peered inside a classroom window and see a desk with my friends boots sticking out from behind the desk. trippiest thing I have ever seen. we BOLTED. (never heard one song of Little Feat)

they didn't call him Danger Dave for nuthin! :shock:

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am Profile
Wanee Lover

:lol:

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:25 am Profile
Wanee Fan

The Radiators at Tipatina's during Mardi Gras in 1992. I remember the whole day and then we were at Fat Harry's and this guy we were with dropped something in my beer and said see ya later. The last thing I remember is getting into Tipatinas and someone painting my face with glitter in the bathroom. Woke up in the floor the next day with my jaw killing me and my girlfriend laughing at me telling me she had to drag me out of the bar so I would stop hugging everyone.... :oops: No recollection of the band AT ALL. Thankfully have seen them many times since then!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:19 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

onesweetworld wrote:
The Radiators at Tipatina's during Mardi Gras in 1992. I remember the whole day and then we were at Fat Harry's and this guy we were with dropped something in my beer and said see ya later. The last thing I remember is getting into Tipatinas and someone painting my face with glitter in the bathroom. Woke up in the floor the next day with my jaw killing me and my girlfriend laughing at me telling me she had to drag me out of the bar so I would stop hugging everyone.... :oops: No recollection of the band AT ALL. Thankfully have seen them many times since then!

The question here is WHY was your jaw killing you? 8-)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:23 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

For SOME reason I was grinding my teeth a bit all night long.... 8-)

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:24 pm Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next