Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 pm

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 The worst concert you have ever seen. 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: The worst concert you have ever seen.
Aerosmith...SLC, Utah...very early 80's...Tyler so wasted even Perry was ready to kick his arse...crowd boo'd the dude that looked like a lady...and deservedly so!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and when we got on ship, he brought out something for the trip, said "it's old but it's good", like any other primitive would.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:29 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Smokestacklightning wrote:
Perpetual Groove in Auburn last year. Brock Butler was clearly out of it, could of been going through some withdrawals. They played one set and an encore, but it was all sloppy and Brock Butler sang flat. It was sad.

P. Groove is such a roller-coaster ride. Fortunately, the last four shows have been great (2 at Bear Creek, 2 at AURA). But we have also seen them flatter'n a pancake.

PGROOVE killed it at aura....A Day of the way ---> Naive Melody --> Teakwood Betz.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:46 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Aerosmith, they were on their sober kick and alcohol was not sold at the concert!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Jefferson Starship last year. I didn’t get the singer dressing in a cheap halloween costume lifting her skirt and giving birth to a wig head while performing (if you can call it that) White Rabbit. Just awful! :? :? :?

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:52 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I love all music-so I try and appreciate it even if it is bad!
Memorable moments:
1.) David Allan Coe concert my pal gets ejected- how do you get kicked out of a DAC concert... I guess he never even called him by his name,Darlin'
2.) same said friend as above at Polyphonic Spree concert at Roxy ....gets kicked out again! He had made friends with the group while out in Seatle but obviously the security guards did not know they were chums as he tries to join the already large group of musicians.
*blood alcohol level of said friend was a much larger than his college GPA! Imagine that!
3.) worst concert Marilyn Manson- just had to check out since someone else bought the ticket and like a mole on someone's chin you try to not stare at but have to look because it sort of looks like a patch of mushrooms- do you stare quickly when you can then try and repress the memory.
4.) enjoyed with a us and so surprised to have like it so much- kid Rock, Korn, Metallica. Lars out-Metallica did free make up show at Lakewood! This is not my favorite genre! But loved it!
5.) so surprised to see and really dig the Roots circa 96' ...won tix to variety playhouse! Stupefied by the funk. Also fat boy slims so surprised me with his skills.
*6.)* BEST SHOW as I am appreciating real so much more!!! Hot Tuna this past summer aucostic at Variety playhouse! They seemed to love playing it as we did listening to them! So soulful,genuine,moving-40 years worth of jamming! Jorma has the stuff!!!! Looking forward to being around that love, energy and music that stirs your very soul again.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:09 am Profile
Wanee Peach

Judie... I saw Jefferson airplane in Amsterdam 2000-13th annual cup at milkweg. Maybe the space cakes swayed my view, but Alice was asked and she was 5 feet 11 1/2 inches and rocking at that show.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:14 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Worst show I've seen was this St Patrick's Day in Savannah, some Grateful Dead cover band we stopped to see at a little bar. Awful. Didn't even sound like they were playing together. We listened to them flail around Scarlet Begonias for a few minutes and then I apologized to my non-Deadhead friends and we left.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:38 am Profile
Wanee Peach

id have to sat those guys posing as the wailers for the midnight show a couple of years ago for the midnight show.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:16 am Profile
Wanee Peach

peal jam, 'mookie blalock" at the time with alice in chains for 5 bucks at a bar in san diego. noone even knew who they were at the time
awesome show

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 am Profile
Wanee Fan

That Parliament/Funkadelic show at Wanee a couple years ago was horrible. :(

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:39 am Profile
 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next